AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
6,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The sheriff dropped off a few guns friday and ask if I could fix them. I got them all running fine except one. Its a Intratec Tec-dc9 It will feed a round , shoot and the case will get hung up in the bolt. Its also loading a new round in the chamber even though the spent round is staying in the rec. tube. I have taken it apart . It looks new on the inside. I was shooting wolf steel case 9mm. They were using wally world 9mm with the same problem.

I know they are a pos. They probally took it off a crack head anyway. I would just like to get it working. Any Ideas?

· Registered
23,508 Posts
SD01 said:
is the ejector intact? sounds like everything is happening except the casing being popped off the extractor
This.

Will.. once its fixed, I'll buy it off the PD for 100 bux :D seriously.. it would be fun to have for shits and giggles

· Registered
6,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SD01 said:
is the ejector intact? sounds like everything is happening except the casing being popped off the extractor.

The earlier reply was a joke.

Yes it looks good . In fact it looks new. maybe the recoil springs to strong? Bolt not coming back hard or fast enuff to eject the round?

· Registered
23,508 Posts
will36 said:
SD01 said:
is the ejector intact? sounds like everything is happening except the casing being popped off the extractor.

Yes it looks good . In fact it looks new. maybe the recoil springs to strong? Bolt not coming back hard or fast enuff to eject the round?
that wouldn't account for the spent case staying in the chamber while the bolt tries to feed another round (Double feed).. if it was a spring issue it would catch the spent case in the ejection port.

I'll give them 30 bucks as is :twisted:

· Registered
6,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
10Gauge said:
will36 said:
SD01 said:

that wouldn't account for the spent case staying in the chamber while the bolt tries to feed another round (Double feed).. if it was a spring issue it would catch the spent case in the ejection port.

I'll give them 30 bucks as is :twisted:
Thats what it is doing shooting, bolt coming back and reloading a new shell the empty case is getting smashed between the bolt face and ejection port. Sometimes the whole case .

· Registered
23,508 Posts
will36 said:
Thats what it is doing shooting, bolt coming back and reloading a new shell the empty case is getting smashed between the bolt face and ejection port. Sometimes the whole case .
Ohh... yeah that does sound like an overpowered spring. might have to cut a loop at a time until the case clears the port.

· Registered
11,464 Posts
Is the magazine an original, or aftermarket? You can tell by looking at the rear lug. If it is stamped outward, it is aftermarket, if it is a welded-on piece of sheetmetal that is rectangular in shape, it is most likely OEM.

The magazine helps eject the casing due to the upward force of the spring, if it isn't OEM, it will jam. I only run my Tec9 with factory originals for this reason.

It is also possible that the chamber is so heavily fouled, the casings stick and take more resistance to remove, taking energy from the bolt that would be used on extraction. This is common when steel cased ammo is used at all, just like in AR15s, the steel case doesn't form a tight seal in the chamber and allows a lot of fouling to pass by the mouth, which hangs up rounds fired afterwards.

The Tec series really aren't bad guns or pieces of sh*t, but they got a real bad reputation from the... let's just say, class of people that most often used them. The biggest fault with them is that they were open bolt subguns converted to closed-bolt semis, and some of the originals had bolts that were too light/recoil springs too weak.

· Registered
6,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Q-gunner2 said:
Is the magazine an original, or aftermarket? You can tell by looking at the rear lug. If it is stamped outward, it is aftermarket, if it is a welded-on piece of sheetmetal that is rectangular in shape, it is most likely OEM.

The magazine helps eject the casing due to the upward force of the spring, if it isn't OEM, it will jam. I only run my Tec9 with factory originals for this reason.

It is also possible that the chamber is so heavily fouled, the casings stick and take more resistance to remove, taking energy from the bolt that would be used on extraction. This is common when steel cased ammo is used at all, just like in AR15s, the steel case doesn't form a tight seal in the chamber and allows a lot of fouling to pass by the mouth, which hangs up rounds fired afterwards.

The Tec series really aren't bad guns or pieces of sh*t, but they got a real bad reputation from the... let's just say, class of people that most often used them. The biggest fault with them is that they were open bolt subguns converted to closed-bolt semis, and some of the originals had bolts that were too light/recoil springs too weak.

Its a OE mag. I will try +p ammo and maybe remove a little of the spring if it cycles ok with the +p.
They didnt want you to ever get the floor plate off the mag did they? :confused:

· Registered
11,464 Posts
will36 said:
Its a OE mag. I will try +p ammo and maybe remove a little of the spring if it cycles ok with the +p.
They didnt want you to ever get the floor plate off the mag did they? :confused:

If you want (maybe not worth your time), I'll trade you an earlier-model (weaker) recoil spring for yours. If someone put a higher strength recoil spring into a gun that also has a heavier bolt, it could cause problems.

As far as the mag- I've never tried taking it apart, it looks like a nightmare and I'd probably break the steel base.

· Registered
23,508 Posts
It's the Q-train!

Wolff might have recoil springs too but really for a shop job as a favor.. probably take Q up on his offer. Cutting springs is dicey at best and it wouldn't take much to make it useless.

leave the mag alone.. unless its crusty or rusty on the inside..

· Registered
6,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Q-gunner2 said:
will36 said:

If you want (maybe not worth your time), I'll trade you an earlier-model (weaker) recoil spring for yours. If someone put a higher strength recoil spring into a gun that also has a heavier bolt, it could cause problems.

As far as the mag- I've never tried taking it apart, it looks like a nightmare and I'd probably break the steel base.
I will probally end up with it one way or another. :wink: If I do Ill take you up on the offer.

· Registered
11,464 Posts
10Gauge said:
It's the Q-train!

Wolff might have recoil springs too but really for a shop job as a favor.. probably take Q up on his offer. Cutting springs is dicey at best and it wouldn't take much to make it useless.

Wolf doesn't make any springs for the Tec, sadly. If they did, I'd have bought a few to tinker with.

Will, just let me know over a PM if you want to do the trade.

· Registered
23,508 Posts
Q-gunner2 said:
10Gauge said:
It's the Q-train!

Wolf doesn't make any springs for the Tec, sadly. If they did, I'd have bought a few to tinker with.

Will, just let me know over a PM if you want to do the trade.

Traaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaades... ya got traaaaaaades? ah cmon help a guy out... Trades!

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol ... 583-wall-e

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.