AK Rifles banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
194 Posts
In the past two trips to the range, GT ammo has produced a couple of failures every 40 to 60 rounds. Primer strike is solid in every case. I get the impression that the primers in these things are soft compared to Wolf Military Classic. In any case, the lot number for mine was fairly new: E-03-09. I now have probably half a dozen bad cartridges in the bottom of my range bag.

By the way, this isn't the first time this has taken place. About a year ago I had a couple failures with another lot. Not sure what it was, but it is definitely not confidence inspiring. I used to be a big fan of lacquer coated cartridges as I have never seen one rust (poly I have). Figured GT was gtg for long term. I'm getting over it real fast.

· Registered
2,501 Posts
back in 07 GT was the best bang for your buck and i had nothing but good things to say about it. however it has gotten pricey and more and more stories are popping up about low quallity primers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.