AK Rifles banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Not questioning anyone--- let us see some positive proof on the positions--- we would like to know with some certainty!!! :D

Tony

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
I dont think it can be proven ether way without getting import dated paperwork or something from the ATF on which AK importer was first.
GSAD didn't incorporate until almost a year after the first ClayCo guns were already on public display, so that aspect is pretty much confirmed.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Has anyone else noticed that there GSAD has a spring loaded firing pin? Mine is marked NORINCO on the barrel. It has a slanted front trunion, plumbed hammer, and square thumb tab on the safety selector. It is abbreviated GSAD on the left rear of the receiver.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks to this thread, I can finally properly identify my underfolder. Yes, Golden State rolled stamps were very light. And yes, I love this gun.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to the Ak world so please go easy on me haha! I am looking to buy the AK pictured here and what to get an idea on the quality/worth? Is it forged or cast? Any input would be greatly appreciated!
02DD9C66-B114-40D2-A47E-F4A08CF77F4A.png

·
Registered
1 Posts
What's the value of this rifle now? Mines very similiar to yours except....

View attachment 36918 View attachment 36919 View attachment 36920

Mine has the Golden State Arms Dist. and Manht Bch CA. stamped on the bottom of the receiver in front of the magazine holder. We have very close serial numbers too, mine is 8708022, hard to see in photo. My father purchased this AK back in 1989 from a dealer in Texas then passed it on to me. Never been fired, NIB. I wonder why they changed where they stamped the Golden State Arms Dist, Manht Bch, CA from when my rifle came in with serial #8708022 to yours at 8708200 only 178 rifles later from the factory? Does yours have the open top front sights or the closed ring with adjusting hole on the top sights like mine does?
I realize i'm posting to a 6 year old thread, but this looks identical to my underfolder GSAD #8707708. Even have the matching bayonet stamped with 7708. Be great to know more about the origin and history of these. Looks like they're all related.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts