AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an old saiga that I converted myself. Its a shoiter 8k thru it to date. I have 2 more both new and unfired one converted one stock still in its box. Now I have everything I need to gold plate this old war horse the question is should I? I have no plans on ever selling it and it will still be my first choice of range rifle. I'm torn. I know its ghetto as hell but it still would look killer and draw a lot of attention . this rifle looks worn I have owned it for years and it need new paint at the least. I have a respect for the worn look but I'm lookin for the opinion of other ak owners. Thanks for your time :).

·
Registered
501 Posts
You know what, I'm gonna say go for it. It's a Saiga, not an ultra-rare collectible piece, and you have others, so why not do something unique with your build that you'd like and be proud of?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I'd skip over the Gold plate and go right to Platinum plating.

·
Banned
1,925 Posts
I'd do it if I had the means.

Just make sure to give the hand guards something special too.

AKDeco3_y7vwpm.jpg

Post pictures when you're done!

·
Technical Advisor
15,516 Posts
I would think that gold plating would wear quickly vs chrome etc. But hey., if bling is your thing.., :thumbsup:

·
Registered
265 Posts
I would think that gold plating would wear quickly vs chrome etc. But hey., if bling is your thing.., :thumbsup:
gold will wear even faster , most shops offer Gold as a show finish and offer no warranty on it, I used to work for a plater that did most of the work for Magnum Research on the DE pistols

believe it or not there is actually nickel under a quality gold finish, its about $ 700 + to have it done right, I'm not gonna advertise for the place that laid me off on the web but if you want a nice job PM me and I'll get your their info, turnaround is 4-5 months though...if you plan to keep shooting it I suggest chrome or bright nickel, both will shine and chrome being the more durable of the 2 finishes......I still hope to go back part time just to do an AK pistol in the bright nickel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts