AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a stamped AK going for right now? I need to set some price/savings goals.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I browsed sturmgewehr and there are a couple on there listed in the $15K to $20K range.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
A .223 Polytech underfolder sold for $11,500 on subguns earlier today(sold quick!). That's the lowest I've seen any transferable AK listed for in some time. I would guess the norm is $13-15K right now. There are a few underfolders, which are less desirable than the full stocks, available now for 15K and they aren't selling. Be prepared to act fast when a reasonably priced gun hits the market, 'cause it won't last long.

·
Banned
4,277 Posts
the real deal AKMs, not the commercial chinese converted ones, go for a very pretty penny. Last one I saw was a soviet one that sold for like 25 grand, and that was a while ago.

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
AK76239 said:
its funny becuase they cost less than $200 to produce, LOL.
Repeal the 1986 McClure-Volkmer Act !!!! :grin:

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
AK76239 said:
its funny becuase they cost less than $200 to produce, LOL.
Yeah....It's "funny" all right! Unfortunately, the current selling prices of Transferable MGs have nothing to do what with it costs to produce them. That unconstitutional, immoral, ill-conceived, ignorant ban has EVERYTHING to do with it.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
CornFedHusker said:
What is a stamped AK going for right now? I need to set some price/savings goals.
Saving money for one is an unobtainable goal. Prices are rising so fast, by the time you save the money, it will be double the price....

A loan of some sort would be the only option.. Even with high interest from an unsecure loan, you will still come out ahead.

·
Banned
4,277 Posts
Krinkfreak said:
Repeal the 1986 McClure-Volkmer Act !!!! :grin:
Take the time to read what is all in that bill, also called the Firearm Owners Protection Act, and you will find that bill did more good for all of us gunowners then any other bill. But everybody just picks that one lone small thing in that entire bill and says that bill has to go.

here is just a small tidbits of what that FOPA has in it:

Allowed Federal Firearms License holders to sell guns at gun shows located in their home state. before that FFLs can show you the gun, but you had to purchase it at their shop.

It amended the GCA to define "engaged in the business" to specifically exclude persons who make "occasional sales, exchanges or purchases of firearms for the enhancement of a personal collection or for a hobby, or who sell all or part of his personal collection of firearms." 18 U.S.C. § 922 (a)(21)(C). Thus, the Act also increased the opportunities for unlicensed persons to buy and sell firearms at gun shows and elsewhere. (this is the so called "gunshow loophole" that the antis all got their frilly panties in a bunch about)

enabled you as a citizen to drive through states, local jurisdiction, with a firearm that otherwise would be illegal, and if stopped you can't be prosecuted. as long as the firearm you are carrying is legal in your state, and your end travel is to a state that it also legal, then they can not arrest you if you get stopped in a state that doesn't allow it. Now how many folks do you think would be able to go to MG shoots like BULLETFEST, Knob Creek, or any shooting gathering if they had to plan their trip and research every small town, county and city from where they are to where they are going. To make sure they will not be going through jurisdictions that consider the weapon illegal and subject to arrest if they just happen to be pulled over?

It established a relief from disability to get your 2nd admnt restored

It enabled you to buy ammo from another state and have it shipped right to your front door. Before that you could only buy ammo from your local FFL and he had to keep a record for the ATF on the purchase.

And there a lot more good things in that bill, so take the time to read the entire bill before saying a blanket statement that is "has to go", it will be a lot more worse if that bill does goes.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Caligula,
thanks for the good information. It's too bad that market forces have taken over F/A pricing.

·
Super Moderator
10,292 Posts
I also think the 1986 McClure-Volkmer Act loosened up the restrictions on gun imports to include C&R types. Also, the current gun kits and MAG imports were helped by it.

Hootbro

·
Banned
4,277 Posts
BulletBait said:
If the Antis can try to close the "gun show loophole", why can't we drill out the "3rd hole ban"?
Simple, no politician is going to risk his career doing that.

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
The way ammo prices are, at least until they stock up "enough" in the middle east, 223 or 9mm seem the only caliber to watch for.

Also, not what you're after but I saw a H&K 93 auto at the Houston show this weekend, 14,500 on the tag.

shwing!

t

·
Registered
204 Posts
Having just run about 100 rounds through a milled Russian under folder auto AK, I have no desire to own one for other than collector appeal. Talk about muzzle rise. I'd have to be really serious about collecting to drop that money on one. There are quite a few other autos on my list ahead of the AK.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Stottman said:
CornFedHusker said:
Saving money for one is an unobtainable goal. Prices are rising so fast, by the time you save the money, it will be double the price....

A loan of some sort would be the only option.. Even with high interest from an unsecure loan, you will still come out ahead.
Isn't that the truth. I've been watching prices climb, climb and climb for the last 2 years. Cheap autos ( uzi's) are fast approaching 8000K Few years ago 4500 all day long. What an investment!

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
I'm glad I got my Vector Uzi back then. Now, if THompson prices would just stay down for a little bit, I could finally save up enough!! I've been chasing those prices for years.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
You just need to repeal 2 items

Prohibits civilians from possessing full-auto firearms manufactured after May 19, 1986.
Redefines 'machine gun' to include those sets of parts or parts that could be used to convert a semiautomatic firearm into a machine gun.

Anyway....
Unless you are really putting the money away, you will not be able to save up enought to purchase a F/A AK

1 - 20 of 34 Posts