AK Rifles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://lebelenterprisesinc.com/

Guys, heres a good place to get Glow in the dark paint for restoring the yugo flip up night sights....This paint has great reviews over at gunco.

There is a more prominent place that sells it glowinc, bet they are more expensive and charge for shipping.

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
Teh best glow paint is the "stromtium aluminate" stuff...in theory it will glow for 12-14 hours if charged in 20-30 minutes of bright light, or an hour or two of "nromal" daylight.

Just do a search for it on Ebay, and quite a few places offer a "1 oz sampler" of powder for around $6 shipped. (I plan to mix it with nail polish as a carrier, and my girlfirend can have some pretty glow-in-the-dark-nails for letting me use up her cleaer nail polish! :wink: ) I purchased some from a guy on Ebay with a 100% rating, and he even included a 1/2 oz sample of purple (wierd man, real wierd) for free.

I can't say how effective it will be, but it should be ebtter than broken/dead vials. I am going to try some on my E German clip-on night sights, which have a much larger surface area and thus might actually be fairly effective.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts