AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey....i am in the market for a carry .45ACP

do not want 1911, do now want safeties/gadgets.

simple and reliable 45. I already have 4 glocks in other calibers, but the only 45 i have are the (2) 1911 that sit in the back of the safe

went to local store and Feed Boy has a used G36 for 450$. I really like the single stack because I have girly hands. How is the recoil in this little guy?

or is there another carry 45 you guys like?

thanks

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Girly hands!?! How bout Kahr CW45? There is also the PM45 but its more expensive My only experience is with the 9 but it was all positive. I dont like the single stack Glock cause my hands are to big for it but I do like the 30 although im not sure a 30 is considered a pocket gun.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats a good point, I totally forgot about Kahr. I do own (in my opinion) the best one 9mm they make- the MK-9 and love it. Maybe go same way in 45.....thanks

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Im not sure if Kahr makes a all steel pocket 45. Another one that has a good rep is the S&W CS45. Those are all steel but no longer made so no new ones and they hover in the$450 range.

There isnt a lot in sub compact 45.

XD has one but im not a fan of XD

·
Super Moderator
6,893 Posts
Check out a G30SF before you buy a 36. The grip is surprisingly small and comfortable.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I used to carry a 36, now I carry a 19. the 36 was not a pocket pistol, it is close to the size of the g19 and only had a 7rd capacity vs 15rds in the 19.

Also, if you are going to bother carrying a gun it might as well be one that you actually like to shoot. A pocket pistol or a 19/23 Glock is still something else to lug around so choose the gun you would rather use in a life or death gun fight.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I come from a long line of 1911 packing men and women....and I chose the G36.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
You are familiar with Glocks and you want simple and no safties to operate then stick with the Glock, There is no simpler auto that I know of, and they work every time.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You are familiar with Glocks and you want simple and no safties to operate then stick with the Glock, There is no simpler auto that I know of, and they work every time.
yea...but it never hurts to ask.

thanks for the responses

·
Registered
215 Posts
Had a G36, thought it was great until I picked up Kahr CW45. Put the 36 in the safe and never carried it again. Sold it to buy a Gen4 G17. The Kahr has an out standing trigger, and is an overall sweet shooting pistol. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have carried a 36 for ten years. The kick isn't bad at all unless you shoot +P in it.

And just like other Glocks, it always shoots. I've put 1,000 rouonds through it with zero malfunctions.

With the useless trigger safety on the 36, sticking it in your pocket wouldn't be very wise.

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Has anyone got any experience with the new Keiser Double Tab .45? DoubleTap Defense - Creators of DoubleTap?

Never thought I'd be interested in a gun like this but I live in a pretty awful part of the city and carry a backup firearm along with my primary. My go to backup is a .25 Beretta normally, but if this gun is all they claim it is I just might have to replace it.

Sorry for the hijack, waited a few days til the thread appeared done

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Never shot one but did handle one. Its a WTF!??! Best I can describe it. Odd, kinda heavy, looong inconsistent trigger. Feels ok at first but as you pull it it gets heavier and you start to think "shouldn't it break by now"? Bug it doesnt. Weird grip. Not the angle but the grip. Long but thin...just odd. I would say its not bad if you want to reach into your pocket and just pull the trigger. Its not for aiming or even attempted aiming. Let's not forget the $500 + price tag

Of course my is an example of one so I could be wrong on that line of pistols.

Tanners has them and thats where I handled one

Btw what part do you live in if you dknt mind me asking.

·
Banned
950 Posts
.45 isn't the best with such a short a barrel. In all honesty your better off going 10mm or even 9mm for the capacity. You can always run +P ammo either way but having more shots at your disposal with lighter ammo would better.

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Never shot one but did handle one. Its a WTF!??! Best I can describe it. Odd, kinda heavy, looong inconsistent trigger. Feels ok at first but as you pull it it gets heavier and you start to think "shouldn't it break by now"? Bug it doesnt. Weird grip. Not the angle but the grip. Long but thin...just odd. I would say its not bad if you want to reach into your pocket and just pull the trigger. Its not for aiming or even attempted aiming. Let's not forget the $500 + price tag

Of course my is an example of one so I could be wrong on that line of pistols.

Tanners has them and thats where I handled one

Btw what part do you live in if you dknt mind me asking.
North, just off broad for work/pharmacy school (I'm sure you can guess specifically what school/area I mean from that, just rather it not show up in google or something). Shitty area, but it IS by choice so I try not complain. In my experience though the past 6 years- so long as I'm not looking for trouble, keeping aware of my surroundings, and overall not being a dumbass... I run into very little trouble. From delaware county originally.

I'm going to head over to Tanners to take a look thanks for the tip. Sounds like the trigger might take some training to get used to. I train with my backup gun for very close situations, and to just draw, point, and shoot pretty much. Only as a last resort.

Hopefully soon a group of friends and I are gonna try and organize an AK shoot at that range on Spring Garden I mentioned in another thread, I'll be sure to post it up on here for you or anyone else that feels like stopping by

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
.45 isn't the best with such a short a barrel. In all honesty your better off going 10mm or even 9mm for the capacity. You can always run +P ammo either way but having more shots at your disposal with lighter ammo would better.
Yeah I agree. I carry a primary full size weapon though, so this is just as a backup to it. I've heard of people getting a knife put to their throat, and it making it hard to draw from the waist so I like to keep a small .25 Beretta in my back pocket when I'm heading to a rough area. Since it would be for such close range, I don't much mind the capacity/barrel length for it if that makes sense.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Take a good look at the XDS. They're just a hair bigger than my .380 subcompact

1 - 20 of 33 Posts