AK Rifles banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
]
I was lucky to test the 25 and was just like the 19 but very soft on the recoil.
Also I notice the barrel tilds but still a blow back system.

·
Premium Member
6,893 Posts
Very nice. Haven't seen one in person. I'm not a .380 fan but it would make a nice standard sized handgun for women who are sensitive to recoil if they were marketed. Where did you get to try that one?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
]
Hi, yes this will be a great gun for the ladys, really was a plesure to shoot double taps, I was in Peru for two weeks in south america this one is very popular do to the laws, they don't allow guns in 9mmP for the civilians.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
]
Yes this 380acp rounds look dangerous, some times I see no logic on some rules or laws.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
and the Glock 25 is illegal here...stupid..
It is not illegal here. It does not have enough import points. Cops can get them if they want them. Also, if there is enough of a demand, they will start manufacturing them at the Smyrna plant.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
exactly. illegal to import..i know because I tried and was told by the alphabet guys these are illegal for civilians to own because of GCA68..just what I was told..of course cops are special and can get one..which is stupid as well.. I dont see Glock making one here in .380 when 9mm is so much better and in many cases cheaper..

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Also I notice the barrel tilds but still a blow back system.
All Glocks do it. In fact, most semi-auto pistols do it. It's called "recoil operated" and was developed by John Browning over a century ago.

·
Registered
742 Posts
All Glocks do it. In fact, most semi-auto pistols do it. It's called "recoil operated" and was developed by John Browning over a century ago.
No offense sir, But I believe .380 glocks actually don't have a locked breech, and rely solely on straight blow back. I could be mistaken through.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
If the barrel tilts as the OP says that it does it's recoil operated. In a straight blow back system the barrel is fixed and does not move. Think Walther PPK, P22, HKP7, Jennings, Bryco.

·
Registered
440 Posts
If the barrel tilts as the OP says that it does it's recoil operated. In a straight blow back system the barrel is fixed and does not move. Think Walther PPK, P22, HKP7, Jennings, Bryco.
Negatory.
Pretty much every source to be found points out that the Glock .380's are blowback operated.

The fact that they do not have a fixed barrel "think Walther PPK, Jennings, Bryco..." but a tilting barrel in a blowback system makes them unique.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Glock keeps talking about building them domestically, have for years.
Don't know what is holding them back as I am sure the market would support it.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Negatory.
Pretty much every source to be found points out that the Glock .380's are blowback operated.

The fact that they do not have a fixed barrel "think Walther PPK, Jennings, Bryco..." but a tilting barrel in a blowback system makes them unique.
Reference links please. I'd like to read and learn.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Ok, I stand corrected. I was wrong. I've never before seen a rolling barrel design that was considered straight blow back but then I've never seen a glock 380 either.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Pretty cool seeing the Glock 25... I wouldn't ever want one but cool nonetheless. Man those import points/Saturday Night Special laws suck!

I'm a huge fan of collecting Walther guns, the PP series in particular. To get a post-war German PPK that was imported in the short window of less than 10 years before the import ban in '69 costs STUPID money. I ended up just buying a real nice 1962 parts kit and using it on a frame I stole from a beat to ever loving hell '39 commercial PPK I had.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts