AK Rifles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy my girlfriend knows wants me to check out his Glock 21 in .45 and clean it up/inspect it, and let him know how much its worth.
The barrel, frame, and slide match, and the aside from being a little dirty, its looks to be in top condition.
Any of you Glock guys know what the fair market value would be for one of these?
He MIGHT sell it, but it sounds to me like he wants it for home defense.

·
Registered
910 Posts
In full disclosure I own a 21, 30 and 36 and love them to death. I have some TruGlo fiber/tritium sites on the 21 and wont Winter carry anything else. They are also great if you want a can down the road. Lots of aftermarket threaded barrels and .45 is sub sonic by nature.

That said can you tell what generation it is? A pic would help. If it's a a third with the rail under the frame I'd say $450 would be a good price if it's an earlier gen then around $400.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Digital is right on the money. 2nd generation will not have the thumb rests on the grips and won't have the rails underneath the dust cover. Gen 2 is $400. Gen 3 could go as high as 500, depending on magazine count and the presence of night sights. Shame you're not closer, we have a local retailer that sells the G21 brand new for the very low 500s. 21SF (short frame) is a dream to handle.

·
Super Moderator
25,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys. It does have a rail, and at least one 13 shot mag with it. The sights look like standared, no tritium. So about $450 then?

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
450 would be fair. Magazines are about $25 apiece now, and the gun came with two or three, so double check that he only has one. You can use that as a bargaining tool.

Regardless, my favorite Glock is the 21, I'm sure you'll love it.

·
Super Moderator
25,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No idea if he will sell it, but I offered $400. I shot it today, it was accurate, controlable, and easy to clean.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Robpiat said:
You can usually snag them for about 400-425 locally if you keep an eye out.

No kidding I paid $400 for a Glock 21 in new condition with 2 ten round mags filled with winchester 230gr FMJ and eight thirteen round mags filled with federal hydra shoks.

·
Super Moderator
25,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mabey I"ll get lucky on this deal. I was told he wants this pistol for home defense use, however he knows almost nothing about guns...pistols especially.
I suggested to him that he sell me the Glock (fair price), and use the money for something more trouble free like a good S&W .38, or .357 four inch. The guy had no idea how to take apart the Glock at all, let alone maintain it. A .45 is not a pistol for beginners IMO, so I hope he takes my advice.

·
Registered
130 Posts
GL 21 vs. GL21 SF

I bought my GL 21 last year at this time for $375 OTD slightly used. It still had the bronze lube still in it. The gunshop I brought it from wanted to move it, because the GL 21SF had killed the sells on the GL21.

After putting 500 rounds thru it i noticed is was an "E" series Glock. The "E" serial numbered ones were the ones Glock was offering a new frame on. I called Glock and sent it back. In about 4 week I had completely rebuilt gun. It looks like a new gun. While they had it I had them put Glock night sights on it. I couldn't be happier. :grin:

·
Super Moderator
25,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The guy ended up keeping the Glock. I think his brother gave it to him, and he passed away a few months ago. Oh well.... :neutral:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Some Glock dealer offer give away ($460ish for a SF 21 or md 21) pricing to:

Military: reserve and active duty
Firemen
Pilots
LEO and cadets
EMT

·
Registered
784 Posts
The first handgun purchase rigth after my 21st birthday was a 21C which was in 1998. After I bought it I then saved up for some meprolights and a laser-max internal sight and a 3&1/2lb disconnect; I was all into the cool factor.I do not even know how many rounds have been put through it put I lost track after around 2k. This gun had been mistreated and it still functions flawlessly. The only time it has jammed is when I let someone else shoot it and they limp-wrist it :gay:

After owning it for about a 1&1/2-2years this gun was stolen from me and used in a crime (no one was shot or injured by it Thank God)and set up in an evidence locker for 2 of the 10 years that I had it. I thought that I would never get it back. But when I finally heard that these 2 dumbass wannabe gang-billies plead guilty I contacted the detective that work the case and received it back. When I got it back it was not in the shape that I had last saw it. It looked like it was dropped and had a case of road rash.
So from that point on I used in the utilitarian approach to it I do not care about how it looks just that it goes bang every single time no matter how dirty it gets. You should see it shoot at dusk or at night the ports on each side sends a flame about a foot above, pretty cool but it will mess up your eyes from being adjusted from the night. I have shot a regulat 21 and the 21C actually does reduce the recoil and gets you back on target for follow up shots. This gun has been through hell and back and is still 100% dependable. This is my gun that does not stay in the safe but close to me truly a weapon I depend on in any circumstance. I guess this is a generation 1 Glock correct?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts