AK Rifles banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference between the 2 pin and the newer 3 pin Glock-19s ?

What does the 3erd pin do ?

Are the older 2 pin Glocks any less durable then the newer 3 pin Glock-19s ?
Thanks

· Registered
383 Posts
Alfred said:
What is the difference between the 2 pin and the newer 3 pin Glock-19s ?

What does the 3erd pin do ?

Are the older 2 pin Glocks any less durable then the newer 3 pin Glock-19s ?
Thanks
The Glocks in .40 need this pin, they had issues with 2 pin .40 Glocks. Glock makes all the frames in one run. So all Frame 1 (or 9mm,.40, and .357) Glocks are made with 3 pins. saves on production cost. Think of it as an over built part, and allows you to but a .40 Slide conversion for your 3 pin 9mm Glock. Cheers

· Registered
50 Posts
With the .40s hey ended up putting another pin in to secure the locking block. Before that, there were only two pins, one for the trigger and one for the trigger housing (in the rear). All newer glocks come with a three pin frame.

· Registered
194 Posts
If memory serves correct it was the .357 sig coming on stage that forced Glock to go to the third pin. I remember hearing of problems starting when people were getting conversion barrels from .40 to .357 sig so Glock released a dedicated pistol in .357 leaving off the sig part. I know I have a book with the complete history of Glock models if I can find it I'll see what it says.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.