AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called Global Trades today to order a custom serial number (and underfolder) 7.62 receiver. The nice lady told me sorry, but no custom numbers until they catch up on the backlog of orders. She very nicely offered to give me an update at the end of the month, but told me she though it would be a while. I asked her how they could increase production beyond where they are now, and she told me "the receiver line is working a longer shift." I told her thanks and that I would call her later in the month.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
GPSIG said:
I called Global Trades today to order a custom serial number (and underfolder) 7.62 receiver. The nice lady told me sorry, but no custom numbers until they catch up on the backlog of orders. She very nicely offered to give me an update at the end of the month, but told me she though it would be a while. I asked her how they could increase production beyond where they are now, and she told me "the receiver line is working a longer shift." I told her thanks and that I would call her later in the month.
Thanks for the update. what's the wait for a std 1.mm receiver?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TravisAasen said:
GPSIG said:
Thanks for the update. what's the wait for a std 1.mm receiver?
She said 4-6 weeks for a standard receiver. When I ordered my last custom serial number receiver (1mm) they told me circa 2 months--but said it could be more.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I called yesterday, and she told me 5 weeks for a type 2 stamped rec. If I wanted one, she said I should get in line because she didn't know when they would catch up.I drove by Global just for grins. It's a dinky little place in a business park. You would never know it's there. But they looked busy. No, I didn't go in.

·
Registered
451 Posts
toby said:
I called yesterday, and she told me 5 weeks for a type 2 stamped rec. If I wanted one, she said I should get in line because she didn't know when they would catch up.I drove by Global just for grins. It's a dinky little place in a business park. You would never know it's there. But they looked busy. No, I didn't go in.
i'd went in and asked if they needed some part-time help!! :wink:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Damn, never even thought of that. What a thought, really build my own receiver and get paid for it.

·
Banned
413 Posts
I ordered a custom serial # receiver on 12/2/05 and I'm STILL waiting for it to arrive at my dealer. :sad: This should give you guys an idea on the wait involved.

I ordered a second custom # receiver on 1/23/06.

Bill

·
Banned
413 Posts
BCR#1 said:
I ordered a custom serial # receiver on 12/2/05 and I'm STILL waiting for it to arrive at my dealer. :sad: This should give you guys an idea on the wait involved.

I ordered a second custom # receiver on 1/23/06.

Bill
They're here, they're here and in my gruby little hands! :grin: I couldn't believe both of them came the same day, but they did. Now to call Troy and find out the next step in this long painfull process.

Bill

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Based on past performance data (including the above?) There is no hard data to support a delivery time of under two months from date of order.

This will change when hard data to the contrary is available.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had one (custom S/N) on order from January and my credit card was just charged. I will let you know if good news arrives soon!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Global is working to increase production and efficeincy. Neat things are headed this way from those guys. They are making moves to stay on top in the receiver making business, instead of making moves to line their pockets with gold and retire on every sale. ;)

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
OK - GPSIG... let's look at your DATA - not rumor or promises...

January(order) to March(receipt) = 2 months.

Now - you DID ask for a custom SN - and this shows progress. Most things "custom" required 4 months at the end of 2005.

Nonetheless - this is the proper way to measure factual "change"... look at the DATA, not at the phone call records. When the MEASURED time period between order and delivery changes? Onley THEN has Change occured.

Note - GT makes the best receivers on the market... don't get me wrong - I continue to order them, and I'm not at all upset with the wait. WE simply have to accept that quality takes time to deliver... that time is currently TWO MONTHS :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Two months!!

I would have been thrilled only waiting two months for non-serialized 1mm recievers.took three and a half Ordered third week of October and received second week of Feb. Which was FIVE WEEKS after they charged my CC. Oh and by the way they a month later they charged my card again for three hundred dollars!! I called and they said they shipped soem receivers to the same Gunsmith I had mine shipped to but they lost the card number for the person that ordered them so they just charged the last person who had them sent theere, me. GT sucks big time. Say all you will about the quality of the receiver, they can't run a business for shit and I hope they go out of business soon like they deserve to.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Trotsky said:
OK - GPSIG... let's look at your DATA - not rumor or promises...

January(order) to March(receipt) = 2 months.

Now - you DID ask for a custom SN - and this shows progress. Most things "custom" required 4 months at the end of 2005.

Nonetheless - this is the proper way to measure factual "change"... look at the DATA, not at the phone call records. When the MEASURED time period between order and delivery changes? Onley THEN has Change occured.

Note - GT makes the best receivers on the market... don't get me wrong - I continue to order them, and I'm not at all upset with the wait. WE simply have to accept that quality takes time to deliver... that time is currently TWO MONTHS :)

Ordered my 1mm 7.62 Parked on 11/22/05. It arrived at FFL yesterday 3/8/06.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Four months - and that's data, not phone talk. The average delivery time may be worsening.... does anyone else have more data?

·
Registered
2 Posts
yeah, I'm not sure what took so long. Seamed from some posts on the 'other' forum that orders that came in after mine, shipped before. ...possibly I had to wait for a park batch.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I called today to check on getting a custom serial number. Very nice lady told me to call back at the end of APRIL! Just gonna have to wait I suppose...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Picked up 2 of their receivers yesterday, all markings are on the underside in front of the magazine opening. No markings on either side.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts