AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have many of you dealt with them? I'm wanting to order a few parts, but the site looks outdated.

I've inquired and they say that they have the parts I need, but the website says that they are not in inventory. Just didn't want to be in a long waiting game for backordered merchandise like some vendors put ya through.

Thx,

DK

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
I know they have a tremendous backlog on receivers..........

I talked to them on several occasions trying to get correct delivery information for the SEAK III receivers.....and could never get straight answers.

Roll the dice.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
They have alot of good,hard to find parts stashed around their warehouse but the problem is talking to someone who knows anything.Call and ask for Jimmy,he'll shoot straight with you.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Global Trades is A-Okay by me. Never had a problem with them or Falcon Arms. Now....some of the other vendors.........

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SInce you gave me a name....Is there certain folks that I should not deal with. I talked to a Stephanie about some parts. She confirmed that they did indeed have them.

I gues like mentioned, I'll roll the dice.

Wish me luck.

DK

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
I have'nt had to order anything from them in some time so I'm not sure about their current staff.At one time they had a crew of Ladies answering the phone who were top notch,later it seemed I was always talking to the same Lady who did'nt know much of anything so I would ask for Jimmy or Andre.Its quite possible they have a good crew on board again,that being said,they've always came through for me.Chances are if they told you the part was in stock then you're good to go.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Ive always dealt with Jimmy Streetman in person, and he has been honest and straightforward with me. Ive never had a problem with Armory USA/Global Trades, even though their website appears to be outdated.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
SVT said:
Ive always dealt with Jimmy Streetman in person, and he has been honest and straightforward with me. Ive never had a problem with Armory USA/Global Trades, even though their website appears to be outdated.
+1. That's frustrating.

They always manage to foul up my order in some way, but have been cool about fixing whatever issues. Sometimes their right hand doesn't know what their left hand is doing. :neutral:

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
Damn it, Market halls this weekend. I would talk with whoever there. They are all fairly informed. If all else fails then talk with Jimmy. Not trying to sound bad but being the owner has drawbacks. You still have all your work to do and everyone wants to talk with you and not the employess you hired for that purpose. By the way theyr'e good people.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Website is so old that it is worthless... in general, Global has receivers. Everything else is out of stock. But they have the BEST receivers you can buy - you WILL need to wait 2 months for one.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
just call and ask if they have what your looking for,...it helps to have the part number off there site though.

i wish they would make the long SVD brakes again,...sucks about the recivers though,..i've used nothing but Global's,..but because of the wait i'll see what else i can dig up

i just got a stock from them,..they do a good job

G

·
They will tell you they have something in stock, several weeks later you may get a call telling you something you ordered is out of stock, do you still want the in stock items. If you say yes, you may end up getting something totally different from what you ordered. Order mags you may get pistol grips.

Didn't use to be that way but it appears to me that a company that can not update their website and hasn't entered the age of online ordering and computerized inventory management may be one of the last places I will consider ordering from these days.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Mak said:
They will tell you they have something in stock, several weeks later you may get a call telling you something you ordered is out of stock, do you still want the in stock items. If you say yes, you may end up getting something totally different from what you ordered. Order mags you may get pistol grips.

Didn't use to be that way but it appears to me that a company that can not update their website and hasn't entered the age of online ordering and computerized inventory management may be one of the last places I will consider ordering from these days.
I ordered a Tantal mag and got Garand clips listed on the invoice, but no Garand clips. You are correct that their inventory management is horrendous.

I finally got the rec. I ordered and a week later they called to tell me it was shipping. WTF? Then they needed me to tell them the serial #. Strange things are afoot at GT.

·
Registered
8,917 Posts
Sounds like Botach Tactical. They don't have their sierra together at all.
I have a long standing grudge against them. Here is their new warehouse:

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Glock Holiday said:
Sounds like Botach Tactical. They don't have their sierra together at all.
I have a long standing grudge against them. Here is their new warehouse:

JKF bought the exact same one. :D

·
Registered
791 Posts
I live about 10 minutes from them. I've stopped by twice to pick up recievers and didn't have any problems. But then again its a little different face to face than via email or online. If I can get my work schedule straight I'm swinging by tomorrow to pick up 4 receivers. :grin:

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Let rant!!! I just got a AK74 rec in today from Global and the damn thing is rusted all to shit on the inside. The ejector is almost pitted its so bad. What is their problem?? Had good results from them in the past but seem like they are on a down hill spiral!!! :confused:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts