AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a few Krebs safety selectors some I've installed, others I haven't. Others have just been waiting for use. I installed a new one on a sgl31 that i just put a new tapco trigger group in. I flipped up the selector and pulled the trigger to make sure it was locked. Then I hear click. The hammer dropped. The trigger doesn't pull all the way, when you release the trigger, the hammer will release. I put the same safety selector and trigger in a different rifle to see what was what or if I could recreate it. I cannot. My guess is its something specifically with that sgl31. Is it possible the trigger holes being off could cause this? They don't look off. I've just never seen anything like this.

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Just look at the engagement points and then you should be able to start to figure out why it is now working.

·
Banned
1,635 Posts
Sounds like the engagement area, the bottom of the flat part that contacts the safety, is not long enough in the Krebs safety. I found different selectors will not work in all AKs.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
AKs aren't like ARs. One normally cannot swap parts around and find that they work.

·
Registered
31 Posts
So I have a few Krebs safety selectors some I've installed, others I haven't. Others have just been waiting for use. I installed a new one on a sgl31 that i just put a new tapco trigger group in. I flipped up the selector and pulled the trigger to make sure it was locked. Then I hear click. The hammer dropped. The trigger doesn't pull all the way, when you release the trigger, the hammer will release. I put the same safety selector and trigger in a different rifle to see what was what or if I could recreate it. I cannot. My guess is its something specifically with that sgl31. Is it possible the trigger holes being off could cause this? They don't look off. I've just never seen anything like this.
I put the original Russian selector in and it engaged as it should. So I'm guessing my issue is with the Krebs selector.
Please give us a call at 847-487-7776. We are more than happy to help you resolve this issue. We can modify your safety by extending it. If the hammer is dropping when you release the trigger, then the primary and secondary sear are too far apart.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Please give us a call at 847-487-7776. We are more than happy to help you resolve this issue. We can modify your safety by extending it. If the hammer is dropping when you release the trigger, then the primary and secondary sear are too far apart.
Can't beat that!!

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can't beat that!!
No you can't. Mark Krebs picked up and talked to me about it. He wants me to send in my fcg and selector to be tuned. I'm completely blown away by the cool, down to earth and generally nice guy he is. Not to mention to tune my trigger over this. I'm blown away and can say they have earned my respect and made me a customer for life. I wish many more in the industry were like him and his company.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts