AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i am planning to go to a build party (my first) pretty soon and i am unsure if i have everything ready, i know that i need mags, ammo and compiance parts along with any tools that i might have, i will get more info from the host when it gets a little closer.

the kits i am building are 2 romy g kits, i want to do one as a khyber pass copy and the other as a russian clone. but i am not sure of what parts make each variant and where to get them?? i plan on going with ironwood for the russan clone, k-var has a khyber pass folding stock......but past that i dont know what else i need....any special muzzle brakes/sights whatever for either of these rifles??

also what is recommended for rivets?? i am only doing 3 builds so i want to take my time and do these as nice as i possibly can....

·
Registered
265 Posts
all you will need for the build party are the rivets, it also helps to do as much de-milling of the kits as you can before the party.....you can get all the 922 comp stuff later if you wish.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am unsure, i am personally using full recievers, im sure that some one will be there bending a flat though...

·
Registered
234 Posts
prdtr86 said:
ok so i am planning to go to a build party (my first) pretty soon and i am unsure if i have everything ready, i know that i need mags, ammo and compiance parts along with any tools that i might have, i will get more info from the host when it gets a little closer.
Quite possibly the last thing you want at a build party.

·
Registered
462 Posts
7.62x39 is right you don't want to press in a barrel that some lamebrain stuck a live round into.
One bump & BANG!
Build party is over, someone dial 911.
Leave your ammo at home, or at least in the trunk of your car.

·
Registered
495 Posts
If the ammo is meant to be payment for the help, bring it. As was said before, leave it in the car until the end of the "party"

It's like another lesson I learned. If you want to pay someone in beer for fixing your car, pay them after they are done. Not before.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ammo is for test firing after the build, it will be already in mags and left in the vehicle until testfiring time....

thanks guys!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts