AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Getting a M1 Garand for Christmas (Now with pics)

I love my mom as any son would but some days she just blows me away. I was talking to her about rounding out my collection and really the 3 rifles I want to add to the collection. The M1 Garand was number 2 and I was talking to her about one I found in Grand Junction. After telling her a little about it her response was "So you want that for Christmas?" I couldn't say anything for a few minutes.

It's a lead dipped receiver. It's most likely a CMP gun but she is in really nice shape. I am picking it up tomorrow and going through the background check and all that. I gotta admit it will be hard to sleep tonight.

Now I gotta find a good quality gin for her for Christmas

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Wow, Christmas in Oct. Love to see pictures, when you can.

Hope mom gets something, she really wants for Christmas.

·
Super Moderator
26,347 Posts
Don't forget to use proper grease when lubricating it.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
The M1 is my favorite rifle to shoot. You will love it. Now go somewhere and buy a tub of synthetic wheel bearing grease. She will thank you for it.

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Turns out it's a 1941 dated Springfield which was then left over after the war for the Danes.
Var Barrel - VAR With Crown proof D6535448 8-60 281 DK Proof with Crown, M proof, Circle KOA Proof
Receiver - Springfield Armory 301210

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Nice. The Dane rebuilds are top notch.

Read up on the grease, and the right ammo. Keep the M1 happy and it will keep you happy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts