AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity do any if you have any experience with German Flectar vest? I like the functional design with shoulder, and neck protection, and they are relatively inexpensive. My question is are they any good? Are they quality? Do they stand up to harsh treatment? Are they comfortable? I read they can use plates as well so that I can up my protection. I want to buy a chest rig for my AK, and I have never seen these vests in person. If I was to use this vest along with a chest rig like a M23 pioneer style. The rig wouldn't stick out 3 feet throwing of my balance after utilizing it in conjunction with a Flectar vest would it? Or should I just skip on the vest and buy something else better? I can't afford 600+ vest/systems as of right now because of other expenses, but I want something useful, practical, and affordable.

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have 2 of the German Flecktarn Flaks. They seem to stop 9mm and .45ACP, tried it myself. They are comfortable, not heavy on your person, they wear well, and I use the Pioneer M23 with it as well. I love the set up.

As for being able to put plates it it, NO it deoesnt have a plate pocket for the front or rear, so Im not sure how you would mount the plates. At least mine do not have any plate pockets. They are decent quality for what they are.

Its not a bullet resistant vest, but does have ballistic proporties.

You could go with something better, depending on the amount of cash your willing to fork out.

I have a few different rigs set up.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
yeah there are lots of German vests if you must have flecktarn.

I have a German Mehler vest that I purchased from bestprotectionshop.de (or .eu can't remember) that is the "new" flack vest. You can buy it with Kevlar (don't remember what rating) and/or plates (IV).

Great prices and great service - too bad the dollar has tanked compared to the euro. . .

G

·
0 Posts
I would think, if one one is good with the needle and thread, one could add plate pockets, be it for hard plates or perhaps soft plates.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If fitted tight enough the flak vest is quite comfortable.
I called it "own-sweat-heating-cooling-vest" during duty. Wear it 3 days and nights and you konw what i mean :wink:

·
Banned
204 Posts
Let me just say I love this stuff. More so than the US digital camo. Although,there are so many varieties of camo out there,to each is own I guess. I recently picked up this flecktarn drop leg holster to go with all my other gear. This thing is great! Here's a few pics of it..has two mag pouches and even holds a bayonet behind the pistol!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Since you posted on this old thread I will too. I like the vest. It will stop most 9mm ball, with an occasional round slipping through; barely. Lighter than my PASGT vest, and a lot more wearable.

I once fired a .45acp round into it (FMJ), and the bullet deflected 90 degrees into the ground. Not bad for the money.

I originally bought mine for around 50 dollars, as you stated, but haven't seen them cheaper. Ebay has some new ones from a vendor in Germany (around 180 dollars), still in the wrap, but the average used price is around 65 dollars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts