1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Some came in that were demilled incorrectly and thus declared contraband. If these were demilled in the right manner... they are legal.

You can also own a live one, if it is "US Made". Meaning, find the proper type of pipe and stamp a serial number and your info on it and register it as a DD on a Form 1. Then add the parts from a deactivated GP-30 to make it live.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
that is freaking tempting

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just_Parker said:
I know. It is useless, but I've always wanted one.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
kracken said:
Just_Parker said:
I know. It is useless, but I've always wanted one.
A complete waste of money

ah good found my visa

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'd like one if these CAME with an ATF Demil letter to cover my ass.

NO, I'm not about to call up the ATF with an announcement and fuck it up for
everyone(like the Tula Deacts from UK).

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm gonna' call 'em up tomorrow from work and get the facts.

If legit, maybe see if the boss might want to stock a few for the shop.

Anybody ever order from these guys?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've ordered from them but it has been a while. Before they had online ordering and you had to call 50 times before they would answer the phone. I've never had a problem with them. Please let us know what you find out. I'm trying hard not to buy one right now... :twisted:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Will do.

Man, seeing these up for sale again all of a sudden, plus looking at their
order info page just seems like all sorts of sketchy.

And I was just about to go to bed........might lose a couple of hours more now due to this new developement. :neutral:

·
Registered
811 Posts
Looks airsoft..
Infact the pictures where he has it on a rifle, the rifle looks airsoft as well..

The rifle is an CA SLR-105A1 airsoft rifle.

The GP-30 can be gotten cheaper than that, it is not a real GP-30, it mounts in quite a different way and modding may be needed..

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
gp-30

i couln't tell by the pictures of the air soft barrel but it should have deep rifeling , they are probibly smooth bores, does anybody know ?But those are the same markings as on the other de milled ones.They are pretty close looking to the others.Iv'e never seen the airsoft one

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm waiting on IronBalaclava to post his findings. The pics look real to me, but I've never seen either in person.

·
Registered
8,010 Posts
Before the usual lemming effect happens and folks get something different than they thought they were buying, just know that the photos show two different brands of that airsoft launcher. Looking at the photos and from the left, it's a Star launcher and the second, third, and fourth one from the left is the Classic Army laucher (with its unique longer pistol grip).

And the launchers are quite a higher price than from airsoft places which probably makes sense because it's become "traditional" that AA-OK is a lot higher in price for their things. The long-time members here are quite familiar with that. So everyone can settle a little bit as the ones in the photos (whichever version they're actually selling) appear to be airsoft. :lol:

·
Registered
10,188 Posts
A correct demill would require various mods to the trigger group/receiver, as well as a caliber sized hole in the tube.. Not easy to hide on the GP-30....Plus, its still Russian so cant be imported..

The Bulgarians also make variants. I have thought about, but never researched if it was possible to import one; There are companies in England that have them.

Either deactivated to ATF specs, or maybe even a bare frame and then the barrel seperate... Sort of how a M-203/M79 receiver is not a DD....

I saw a Bulgarian GP-25 for sale in Switzerland.. Converted to 12ga...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts