AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A co-worker of mine came to me for some help with an AK he just bought from a friend's friend's friend .....etc. He told me "It jams after every shot", I guess I've been out of the AK loop for a while because I never heard of Inter Ordnance. A quick search shows I didn't miss much.:rolleyes: (Looks like it was put together with a mixed part kit) Any way his gas tube is about 1/16" too short. It pops off of the front gas block and the piston hits the block and won't allow the weapon to go into battery. It doesn't appear to be bent, just too short. I put a gas tube from a Romy WASR 10 and it fit just fine.

What would be his best course of action here?

-New gas tube (Roll the dice and hope he gets one long enough?)
-Gas Tube Tension Spring (Would it create enough forward pressure to keep it on and would it even fit?)
-Weld two small tac spots on the back face of the tube and grind down to fit snug?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
7,602 Posts
Sounds like the one was just made too short or ground one by someone, I would just buy another one or two, give Apex Gun Parts a call and give them the measurement of length, maybe they can poke around and measure one for you before mailing it off.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dawg180, I figured something like that was done too. I'll have him do what you suggested.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks GH, I'm not sure if he ordered one yet but I sent him the link and told him to give them a call to see if they could measure one for him. I know Apex has great customer service but I never had to buy a gas tube myself. I didn't know they were that high. $47 bucks I think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts