AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the little lever that locks the gas tube in, has anybody ever had a problem with these coming open while shooting? Its NOT easy to move with your hand, I can see if it was loose, but its far from loose. but I put three mags through it by the third mag it was sticking up in the air.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
What type of ammo were you using?

I've read cautions of that happening when launching rifle grenades without a shutoff, but not with regular shooting.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Try peening the flared side of the lever on the left hand side a bit more. Make sure you support the lever side on the pin that goes through the sight block, not the lever itself, or it will break off. Use a punch just big enough to sit on the flare, support on a piece of steel as stated above and hit the punch with a hammmer. Having a helper hold the weapon is almost a must.

Or the lever itself may not be locking in the indent in the sight block. Carefully, very carefully, bend the lever toward the sight block. They will break off with little or no warning.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
00RedZX-6R said:
I had a loose one that I jsut bent a little more to keep it tight.
I have too.

You have to be really careful, and only bend it ONCE. You're better off bending it closer to the base as well. I use a Leatherman tool and GENTLY bend it just enough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts