AK Rifles banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a thread on the files asking if this was normal, and the manufacturer chimed in before he even saw the pictures. In full disclosure he did admit after seeing the pictures that it was "a bad/missed deburr job". He later also offered a refund or trade (which is appreciated), but came off rude. Here's what I recieved a couple days ago.

These are all pictures I took with my phone.
It was in a heavy duty plastic bag with alot of new oil.

Removed from bag.

I cleaned the receiver with Dawn dish soap in warm water to remove the oil. The outside looks almost flawless.

Now some close ups. Of the inside..

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Man you’re kind a hard to please
What if you looked at it this way
Wouldn’t you rather have a few burrs to take off so you can do it to your liking?
Hell
All my AK torts need to be completely sanded smooth on the outside ... I’m glad I’m the one doing it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm confused. If he made the offer to fix/replace, then what is the issue? Just the rudeness you percieved?

If it's an 80%er I wouldn't care anyway since I machine for a living and I have the tools to do the work, plus I would create my own new burrs finishing it.

It looks like the extractor isn't bridged and the holes are drilled so I assume it's a 100 percent done.

I can attest that sometimes things occasionally escape even the best QC attempts and leave the building with burrs like that, but again, if the vendor is willing to replace the item or make it right, then you should take them up on the offer and I wouldn't worry about a perceived bad attitude. It's getting increasingly rare to get a company to stand behind their stuff and rectify mistakes, so I don't care if they are smiling and cheerful when they do it, just as long as they make it right

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I wanted it done by the company I purchased it from and paid for. Not hard to please, I'm fairly easy going.
Aaaaaaaaaannnnnnnndddd he offered to do that......... in 2 of the 3 threads you started, just to complain about his product on 2 different forums (that i know of) First it was wait times. Then its burs on metal, and now "perceived rudeness". I didnt see any rudeness there. Whats the next complaint gonna be? you offended by the color of his car?

Jesus Karen, pop a valuum and go listen to Seals and Croft. mellowwwwwwww.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Aaaaaaaaaannnnnnnndddd he offered to do that......... in 2 of the 3 threads you started, just to complain about his product on 2 different forums (that i know of) First it was wait times. Then its burs on metal, and now "perceived rudeness". I didnt see any rudeness there. Whats the next complaint gonna be? you offended by the color of his car?

Jesus Karen, pop a valuum and go listen to Seals and Croft. mellowwwwwwww.
I'm a civil servant with a modest wage. I have a wife who watches my child during the day. I don't have a large expendable income, and saved for a while to buy this reciever, and if you don't see the issue, I guess you just won't get it.

I only started this thread and the one I linked in this thread. Other members have started threads asking about his business because he cant answer a call or email.

It should be shameful how wrong you are sometimes. He mouthed off before he even saw the pictures.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I dont see the issue at all. AK world takes REAL gunsmithing talent and machining abilities to properly put together salvaged parts from cut up military rifles from other countries into a nice rifle. (Galil is an AK variant)
Us collectors here and over at the files have been doing this for years and years sometimes making our own parts from who knows what butchered pieces. BEGGING for parts far, far rougher than you got, that cost twice as much - and go up every day. In fact, the $500 you spent is at least $200 less than the nearest competitor. Before Tortort, a Galil reciever was a cool $1000, IF you could find one.
You are not building a bolt together AR. So if you looking for sympathy you came to the wrong place(s). Try watching Oprah maybe.

I'm a civil servant with a modest wage. I have a wife who watches my child during the day. I don't have a large expendable income, and saved for a while to buy this reciever, and if you don't see the issue, I guess you just won't get it.
Great that you have a civil/government job, stay at home wife & child. Pretty much the same situation as 75% of people here, the other 25% are like me. No job, on social security, living in a trailer, with 10 dogs living under it with zero patience for whiners and a huge arsenal. Oh yeah, I have a Still also. great stuff, numbs the lips instantly.
It should be shameful how wrong you are sometimes. He mouthed off before he even saw the pictures.
Bullshit. He didnt "mouth off". he told you how to fix it. This is what gunsmiths do. If you think that is mouthing off, you (see above) watch Oprah for comfort, or play minecraft or something.

I am aware, like the rest of your posts, you will need to reply with another jab. Its hilarious, actually. People behind the scenes are actually placing bets on what you do next.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You're the one jabbing childishly. I have built several ak rifles from kits, and done machining for custom built rifles.

That isn't what this is about, so let's try to stay on subject, if that is possible for you.

I purchased a product, and wasn't sure if that was what was to be expected. I guess my expectations were too high.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Actually from what Iv seen you seem to be hoping for a problem
Those burrs your worked up about .... it wouldn’t of even crossed my mind to even mention them to anyone let alone get on line and imply they’re some kind of defect.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Actually from what Iv seen you seem to be hoping for a problem
Those burrs your worked up about .... it wouldn’t of even crossed my mind to even mention them to anyone let alone get on line and imply they’re some kind of defect.
You're kidding, right?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
apparently you havent seen a wartime factory made galil or AK receiver. Got dozens of stubs far rougher than that made by genuine Russians.

Reactions: wpmick

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You
apparently you havent seen a wartime factory made galil or AK receiver. Got dozens of stubs far rougher than that made by genuine Russians.
Pictures?

This isn't a wartime reciever, its a five hundred dollar reciever made by an American manufacturer with modern equipment.

·
Registered
14 Posts
WOW, I have hear all good things about Tortort receivers and I was going to buy a Galil Tortort Receiver soon to build my own SAR Galil. BUT after see this receiver I am question it big time, I am not going to pay $800 for a receiver that looks like this! I guess I will start look at the CNC warrior receiver, we will see what happen.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.