AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where to buy a .308 parts kit for a Galil? I can get a reciever & barrel for reasonable money but the rest of the parts look to be unobtainium & very expensive!

·
Registered
272 Posts
The original military version was designed to compete with the FAL. It was originally only made with the longest barrel, which was similar in length to a full size FAL and the original selector had the positions in the same order as the FAL. There has been at least one county's navy that bought this version. Other countries requested that the selector positions be the same as the AK and the 5.56 Galil to avoid confusion by their tropps that were already familiar with either the AK and / or the 5.56 Galil. This resulted in versions that have AK selector positions and the fire control parts do not interchange with the fire control parts in the models that have FAL selector positions. Also shorter barrel versions were developed later. I think the models with AK selector positions are more popular in military parts because many of the countries that use them also use the 5.56 Galil. I bought a 308 bolt from Blackthorne for a Yugo M70 conversion build but later they were listed as being sold out. I don't know if they ever got any more of them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts