AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cause zombie ammo wasn't enough. Thoughts on this?
R.I.P. = Radically Invasive Projectile

·
Super Moderator
26,343 Posts
Damn! I'd love to try this stuff out in a 12 gauge slug, and .45 ACP sometime.

·
Registered
22,625 Posts
Didn't Aguila make I.D bullets that were "smart" and pre-fragmented? Isn't there a badass shotgun round that's got a silicone core that retains weight yet is supposed to be really powerful?

Just use solidly performing self defense rounds (Gold Dot, Hornady etc) and you won't be explaining why you're using Super-deadly-bone-exploding-brain-shredding-organ-boiling bullets of pure lethality to a grand jury.

I immediately see a potential problem of fragments exiting a target with enough force to cause possible unintentional damage to bystanders.

That being said... I still wouldn't mind a few boxes of different calibers of that stuff... Exotic rounds are fun :twisted:

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
Didn't Aguila make I.D bullets that were "smart" and pre-fragmented? Isn't there a badass shotgun round that's got a silicone core that retains weight yet is supposed to be really powerful?

Just use solidly performing self defense rounds (Gold Dot, Hornady etc) and you won't be explaining why you're using Super-deadly-bone-exploding-brain-shredding-organ-boiling bullets of pure lethality to a grand jury.

I immediately see a potential problem of fragments exiting a target with enough force to cause possible unintentional damage to bystanders.

That being said... I still wouldn't mind a few boxes of different calibers of that stuff... Exotic rounds are fun :twisted:
G, you have some valid points to consider if using these.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Don't laugh at it too much.
With the last primary lead smelter shut down now in the US we will be seeing more solid copper bullets. Only recycling lead smelters left in US. It's going to be the way of the future.
.380 APC is on the list, just in time for the G42.

·
Registered
22,625 Posts
Don't laugh at it too much.
With the last primary lead smelter shut down now in the US we will be seeing more solid copper bullets. Only recycling lead smelters left in US. It's going to be the way of the future.
.380 APC is on the list, just in time for the G42.
Except that copper bullets are nothing new.

I've got a couple boxes of these things:

copperBulletPic2.jpg
And I've had 'em for years.

It's not the metal content of the bullet that's questionable... it's the marketing.

Personally I'd like to see how it performs when encountering actual muscle, bone and organs.. as in shoot a few hogs*(that died of natural causes) and do an autopsy.

Reactions: 120mm

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Except that copper bullets are nothing new.

I've got a couple boxes of these things:

View attachment 2544
And I've had 'em for years.

It's not the metal content of the bullet that's questionable... it's the marketing.

Personally I'd like to see how it performs when encountering actual muscle, bone and organs.. as in shoot a few hogs*(that died of natural causes) and do an autopsy.
Sure, but one with a Krull cutter will get banned faster than Black Talons.
:twisted:

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
Quote: Personally I'd like to see how it performs when encountering actual muscle, bone and organs.. as in shoot a few hogs*(that died of natural causes) and do an autopsy

Thanks for finishing that sentence....:beer:

·
Registered
22,625 Posts
Naw man, General Black-Jack Pershing said it was Spam that the bullets had to be rolled in for lubricity.
I wonder if they'll add a fleck of silver for the werewolf problems in some parts of the country.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ha. Another "never been heard of" company marketing a "supertydupertymakesgosplodey" magic bullet, with zero independent testing. And it looks really, really mean.

I'm withholding judgment until they've been tested by a valid source.

·
Premium Member
6,893 Posts
Seems boutique-ish to me. A liberal DA would have a field day painting you as a Rambo wannabe just itching to kill with ammo with a name like that. Why not just give it a more modest name like Carbon does and actually market it as such?

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
Similar th the military flachette rounds for the m203 that were banned. Watching the video it looks very effective. I'm womdering how they will feed in most handguns though.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Similar th the military flachette rounds for the m203 that were banned. Watching the video it looks very effective. I'm womdering how they will feed in most handguns though.
They seemed to feed ok throught he Beretta 93r and Glock 18 pretty nicely.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Seems promising. I'm not one to worry about what a prosecutor might say of the type of weapon or ammo I use. I'd rather risk going to prison than not have the very best equipment available for dealing with those that would do me harm.

Just like 22many said, I am curious how these will feed through pocket pistols. I can't wait to see what the 380 will be capable of. They may finally make that [the .380] a caliber worth carrying. Still, there's no way in hell I'll spend money on something like this till it is independently reviewed as 120mm mentioned.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
They are actually starting with the 9mm exclusively. You're not the only one that has been confused about this.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts