AK Rifles banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
post sample....i wonder how much he will get for it....

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
If that is the same auction I saw, it is a real, imported Hungarian machine gun from the same stocks the Hungarian parts kits came from. Only in this case it was put in the registry for LE/Mil transfer rather than demilled. I wish...

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Man, I would love to own that! That would truly be a dream come true, and so affordable too.

·
Registered
612 Posts
you need to be a LEO to buy it ,dawn :twisted:

Watch what you say around here, there are alot of quality members on this site who are in law enforcement and would take offense to comments like these. Don't do it again! Motorcityman

Edited by Krinkfreak....Let's me a little more mature next time.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
jmau8385 said:
you need to be a LEO to buy it ,dawn :twisted:
Actually you have to be either an LE agency, Government agency or a properly licensed dealer/SOT to purchase a dealer sample MG.

·
Registered
492 Posts
jmau8385 said:
you need to be a pig to buy it ,dawn :twisted:
Please excuse me, but I think your reference towards law enforcement officers as pigs is a little juvenile and ignorant.

·
Banned
8,171 Posts
i have seen it many times and would like to have it but i think i will build my own collection once the SOT is paid. wanna come over and play??? :twisted:

·
Registered
612 Posts
did not had the intention to ofend anybody,please don't arrest me :hail: :dance: I apologize

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
All right, lets get it back on track :wink:

·
Banned
2,606 Posts
What does SOT mean? Please excuse my noobish question, but I haven't done much research on MG ownership.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Bread is People said:
What does SOT mean? Please excuse my noobish question, but I haven't done much research on MG ownership.
Special Occupation Taxpayer. It is an annual tax paid by a FFL dealer to be able to engage in the transfer of NFA items so that they don't have to pay the transfer tax on transfers between dealers and/or manufacturors. Yhere are a number of "SOTs" for different classifications, such as dealers of NFA, Delaers of destructive devices, manufacturors, etc.

If you want the specifics on each, go to www.atf.gov.

·
Banned
471 Posts
A police department would actualy buy one of these? I have seen m16 style weapons in use but never an Ak in police use.And as far as the military ,dont they use captured and not purchased weapons in their training .I couldnt see them buying them.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Vladimir said:
A police department would actualy buy one of these? I have seen m16 style weapons in use but never an Ak in police use.And as far as the military ,dont they use captured and not purchased weapons in their training .I couldnt see them buying them.
Sure, the US Military buys them stateside for Foreign Weapon Familiarization Courses and other training. And I have seen Departments with an AK or two because they are inexpensive, reliable, and cheaper to feed than their M4ish friends.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
turbothis said:
i have seen it many times and would like to have it but i think i will build my own collection once the SOT is paid. wanna come over and play??? :twisted:
(N1) May an unlicensed person make a machine gun? [Back]

Generally, no. However, if documentation can be provided, along with the Application to Make a Machinegun, which establishes that the weapon is being made for distribution to a Federal or State agency, an individual may be permitted to make the machine gun.

[18 U.S.C. 922(o)(2), 27 CFR 479.105(e)]

That says to me that even if you have an SOT that you cant just make machine guns for your own personal use. Am I missing something?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts