AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to a full auto shoot today east of Lancaster. My boss belongs there and invited me and my wife. as much as I get pissed at my job I guess it does have its benefits. He doesn't care about parts and ammo coming and going ups from the shop. the best part of the shoot? he expensed it out so we got to shoot for free! it was nice to being on the receiving end for once!
There was everything from BARs and 1919's to SCAR's but honestly I saw what I wanted on the first table: 86 tula aksu FA. I parked my ass there almost the whole time. all I can say is wow. it was so much easier than I thought. so smooth and once you get the hang of kinda raking the target with bursts getting hits is pretty regular (shooting at pumpkins and bleeding zombie targets). my wife shot a kriss vector and am suppressed mp5. couldmt get her away from the mp after that lol. even my boss got into the krink. I think im getting him into the ak's now lol. like I said best part was it was free cause otherwise they were asking 20-30 bucks a mag. sorry for the rambling post just really excited about a great afternoon.

·
Premium Member
13,070 Posts
Get him into AK's with alot of "closed door meetings" and you might start liking your job.:smileak: Looks like you had a great time!

·
Registered
833 Posts
That's awesome! One of my favorite gun stores has a range and FA firearms, It hasn't worked out for me to go do it yet though. Maybe I'll be sick one of these nice Fridays ;)

·
Super Moderator
25,782 Posts
A dealer friend of mine recently had a shoot like that, and it was awesome! The rifle that impressed me the most was the FA Bulgarian 74. The one I was least impressed with was the PTR91 with the telescoping stock. Could not keep 3 round bursts on target, and the recoil was horrendous.
Sounds like you had a great time...fun ain't it!

·
Registered
21,771 Posts
NICE!

I still need to play with a B.A.R.. SCAR.. M249 and a few other things.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well 10gauge you woulda loved there then cause they had all those there. It was definatly a good time. the one thing that did surprise me was the frequency of jams. mostly on the M16's and the vector my wife shot. not knocking ar's as I think it was mostly mag issues. was weird to actually hear one slow down due to over heating I guess? some guy just doing mag dumps. the vector was a jamomatic. After the first couple trigger pulls on the krink I remembered an article by Marco Vorobiev about saying 22 with trigger pull. worked pretty good for getting 2-4 rd bursts. . I was gonna try the m60 they had there till the guys wife sent half an m16 mag into the dirt 10' in front of the firing line.
I have to admit part of me felt bad for some of the classics they had there. the BAR,tompson, M1 carbine and some of the nicer ak's. just seemed abusive to let people just FA dump mag after mag.

·
Registered
21,771 Posts
It probably has to do with how often and well they're cleaned too.

I wasn't too impressed with the Kriss after I finally got around to shooting it. The MP5 on the other hand is a joy to shoot, but nothing beats the Thompson IMHO.. the real weight of history and it's pure awesome.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I owned a 1928 "shooter" Thompson. Fun to play with, but heavy, lotta muzzle rise due to buttstock to muzzle angle, so not real practical. Shot a BAR a couple times. Accurate, solid, controlable. Bipod could stand some updating, flash hider would be nice, but I loved it. Might be kinda expensive with 30/06 prices these days. M249, experience in the military left me less than impressed. With the current short barrel, it's a short, but chunky bullet hose that requires a lot of carbon scraping and maintainance to be reliable. The current version no longer has adjustable gas system to force function when it gets dirty.
Damn, I gotta get me a full auto again. Maybe a Sterling!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts