AK Rifles banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Boise Gun Co. today and had to wait about 15 min to get a price check on surplus 7.62x25 in packs of 16 with "Pistol Patron" written in crylic, price came out to 8.95 per pack of 16!!!!one! The guy said (lied or poor mathed) that they were 50 cents a pop, and I said that they were 10, maybe 12 cents a pop ammo, and then one guy chimed in "but these are military rounds"(same reason they mark up other 7.62 is for military collectors that want to spend more on ammo that splits, errodes and missfires than they do on commercial ammo) and someone else chimed in "that's the price if you buy them now, they'll go up another dollar or two once someone else price checks them" I said that .45's were even .30 cents a pop, and surples x25 is 10-12, even commercial is not close. They didnt budge, so on my way I went. They have a great selection, but what is reasonably priced is rusted/dangerous, and what is of quality is at highway robery prices.... Just frusterating, I'd LOVE to do business with them, keep checking in on them, but they just arent on the same page as me... frusterating.
SO I know that one of the dumbest things to do is to get pissed off about something and comlain about it online, but that's what we do here, and you guys can sypathize with me. pointless bitching over

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
One good thing about the area in which I live is that there are several gun shops within a few minutes drive of one another. This tends to keep them all 'honest' as they all realize everyone will just drive to the next place if any one of them gets too stupid with their prices. All except for Gander Mountain of course, which operates on the 'there's a sucker born every minute' principle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts