AK Rifles banner

Frostbite joins WarDawg -> man down!

2K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  crazychris 
#1 ·
I went under the knife on Tuesday. Had my sinuses shredded, the canal walls shaved, a deviated septum fixed, and spreader grafts put in place. That day was no fun. Try puking while shooting a stream of blood out of both nostrils! But, with some heavy duty pain pills, and some war movies to watch, I am steadily progressing. The only problem is that I take the pain pills every four hours, and they seem to last only three. The funny thing is, I feel all the pain in my teeth, not the sinuses.

I've got a month to a month and a half until I can engage in exercise again. So, I've got time to resort, reclassify and reorganize all my gun stuff once again! :smile:

BTW, WarDawg, I am on percocet, whachoo got? [/i]

#3 ·
I got a sinus infection in June of 2005. I've been on antibiotics since, and it never went away. Basically the sinus passageways are too small for someone my size. There is not enough drainage, so an infection gets in and stays. So, in order to increase drainage, they had to rip out sinus walls, and enlarge the passageways. My deviated septum (cartilage in the middle of the nose) did not help. My father also had the surgery, which he affectionately called the "roto-rooter". I inherited his sinuses. This should fix me for life. It is a fairly common operation. Not that big of a deal, but still no fun.

#4 ·
I have heard of that before. Had a similar problem a few years ago, but it was an "unknown growth" blocking my sinuses, not small passegeways. When you have sinus surgery though, it usually makes your teeth or jaw hurt like hell. Hydrocodone or whatever is good stuff for pain though. :tokeit:

#5 ·
Hope you get feeling better bro. They got me on Lortab5 . My wifes a nurse and she says you got the better of the pian killer. But bro I do know your in alot more pain than I was in. My pain is nearly gone until I put my knee in a bad angle. Im walking and wanting to go shooting bad. LOL.... I have mausers and a InRange AK that has never been shot by me yet. Hope you get feeling better real quick. Your (pain brother)WarDawg :neutral:

#8 ·
I had the same thing done about 4 years ago. Take your pain meds as you need them and if you run out call the doctor for more. It gets better but you will be blowing bloody chunks out of your nose for a couple of months.

#9 ·
sdcromer said:
I had the same thing done about 4 years ago. Take your pain meds as you need them and if you run out call the doctor for more. It gets better but you will be blowing bloody chunks out of your nose for a couple of months.
The interesting part will be when I can resume the saline rinses. Should be some good stuff coming out with that! :wink:

#10 ·
<cleaning the sand out of my mangina>....well make that 3 of us....f$ck! I was up on a ladder trimming some tall bushes this morning, and lost my balance....landing on my ankle...that I had already broken....3 times! Now I am reclined hoping the swelling will go down to that less than the size of a grapefruit! f$ck!

#13 ·
Sorry to hear about yall pains my brothers..... I went outside today to get off the couch . I worked on a Ironwood stockset for a Mak 90. Fitting and sanding and the such. I was sitting. Warm weather . Shirt off enjoying. Got stung by a damn bee and got sunburned. Arm is swollen from the damn bee. I got off balanced from swingin at the damn bee that just stung me and twisted my just worked on knee. It hurts like HELL now.Swollen up even more. My damn back hurts from the damn sunburn..... Im just going to stay in the house till I wither away. I did get up last night and went and watched my Dojo go through Testing for belts. I was really impressed by the young kids doing it. Great sport to get into. Hope yall are feeling better. WarDawg is going to drink some orange juice and pop a painpill and go to bed. I can't take no more ... Good night. WarDawg

#15 ·
Frostbite said:
Holy crap! WarDawg, you are on a streak!

After your story, I can just picture someone poking at a voodoo doll of you!
Ha ha .. Tell Q-gunner2 to put that doll down.. LOL. Just kidding Bro. Ya know the old saying " When it rains , it pours " .. WD out.

#16 ·
WarDawg said:
Frostbite said:
Holy crap! WarDawg, you are on a streak!

After your story, I can just picture someone poking at a voodoo doll of you!
Ha ha .. Tell Q-gunner2 to put that doll down.. LOL. Just kidding Bro. Ya know the old saying " When it rains , it pours " .. WD out.
Psst... HEY! You know the deal, you get injured and I get the pain pills... the cash will show up in your mailbox...

OH! Uhhhh I mean jeeze man, way to blame someone totally not involved! Uhhh... yeah man, jeeze.

#19 ·
Q-gunner2 said:
5thShock said:
Are you going to take drugs and buy a lot of stuff too? Cheech and Chong with a Shotgun News.
Get well, get strong.
Alcaholl + Credid Card + easy online shopping = BAD
LOL... I have spent some money since I have been sidelined. Over $500 . Damn computor....... Im thinking about sending out my SSR 85 B to InRange and have them rerivet the whole rifle. It was a piss poor job done by Global.

Hey Q-gunner2 ya know I was just kidding..... Im alittle below Mt Airy NC . How far is Williamsburg?? Don't they have alot of History stuff there. Im new to this part of the country. Ga boy at heart....... Always looking for a place to vacation with the family. Cheers WarDawg

#20 ·
i feel for you guys...i've been outta work since 1/26 (3 days after my bday)...had a little slip up with a knife at work....sliced thru 5 of the 6 tendons in my left hand.....had surgery to repair em the next day.....i can almost make a fist now and open up my hand alll the way...gonna be doing therepy till the 1st week of april...then i may be ok to go to work

#21 ·
Not sure how far Mt. Airy is, but there are alot of great historical places here in Williamsburg. If you come down here for vacation though, don't stay in a hotel on site. The hotels in CW can go for as much as $200 a night!!!

There are alot of different places to go, Water Country USA, Bush Gardens, Colonial Williamsburg, some Plantation museums... plus the Virginia War Museum... they have an MP-43 and StGw-44!! Great place to visit.

If you come down here, I suggest staying in a hotel in one of the more rural areas of Williamsburg, to keep costs down. Also, look for the gun shows at the Mechanichsville showplace, they are done by C&E. Mechanichsville is about a 45 minuite drive from Williamsburg, and well worth it. Got an SVT-40 with scope mount, all matching, for $425 OTD. Also got a Polytech, excellent condition with all original accsessories (including a NIW mag) for $695 OTD. There are alot of deals, just remember that since you are out of state you can only buy guns from a FFL (Federal law, not state. No ammo restrictions). This may seem like a hinderance, but that SVT I got was from a FFL. :wink:

So if you plan a weeklong vacation, make sure one of the weekends falls on one of the gun show days.

#22 ·
crazychris said:
i feel for you guys...i've been outta work since 1/26 (3 days after my bday)...had a little slip up with a knife at work....sliced thru 5 of the 6 tendons in my left hand.....had surgery to repair em the next day.....i can almost make a fist now and open up my hand alll the way...gonna be doing therepy till the 1st week of april...then i may be ok to go to work
Brother you have it worse than me. Hate to hear about your knife accident. Damn what pain you must have felt. Hope you pull through. Wardawg

#23 ·
WarDawg said:
Brother you have it worse than me. Hate to hear about your knife accident. Damn what pain you must have felt. Hope you pull through. Wardawg
thanx....really didn't feel much...was a brand new blade....felt the blade scrape my bones a bit...the my 3 fingers closed...even saw the one tendon for a sec b4 it snapped...only lucky part was that it was a new blade...cut everything super clean...i knew because they showed me my tendons in the er....i gotta give it to my father in law...watched em stitch me up...the wound was totally eviscorated (sp?)....was open about 3 inches....my wife was ready to chuck....all he said was " seen shit like that back in the jungles of vietnam"lol...gotta love them first cav guys.....here's a pic of me holding my son...u can see the scar...should be good to go shooting in a week or 2....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.