AK Rifles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am selling some items from my brother's AD1 collection to raise money for his son, my nephew.
here is a new unused in pouch, with accessoriess and manual in German (Disregard in the picture the manual for binoculars 7x40)!!!

Carl Zeiss Jena scope in AK74 mount with pouch, filters.
THIS ONE HAS THE TRITIUM night illuminator. Most if not all these scopes released in Germany after the GDR collapse have been modified to remove it.

Price 850$ + shipping at cost 46$ by registered priority fully insured mail (www.poste.ch)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi don't worry, tritium is very mildly radioactive, not like radium. Reticles are encased in a shell, no radioactive leaks to trigger a meter. have tried myself with my Geiger meter.

I have a meter because i am involved in the watch business, watch dials contain much more tritium than a reticle. Tritium replaced Radium in the 60's in watch dials, and is still used today.

I have pentax, canon camera lenses of the 60/70'smade with lantanum glass strongly radioactive to about 20cm....Never had a problem importing or exporting. i store them in another room, but used to have them close to me 30 years ago, there are millions worldwide..

Furthermore I have sold one 7x40 EDF zeiss Jena binoculars to the US...Customer got it without problems..

Regards Aldo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts