AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently working over in Kuwait on a Govt. contract...

One of the guys I work with on camp is obviously from eastern Europe, judging by his accent.

So I asked him where he was from...

When he said Poland, I had him come over to my computer and showed some of the pictures from this website. I asked him if any looked familiar...

He got big-eyed and told me that he used to be in the Polish Army and carried an Under-Folder...("Yah...jus' like that wahn...")

When I told him about the parts kits and "build your own" thing going on these days, he seemed pretty interested in getting a kit...

BTW- He's now a U.S. citizen...so he can go back home to the U.S. and legally own one.

Small world...

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
Glad it worked out!

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Pretty cool. Im sure building up a Polish underfolder would be a lot of fun, especially for someone that carried one in service. :cool:

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
That's cool!
I ran into a guy at a Moto Guzzi bike Rally last year from NJ who is from Poland and was a paratrooper when he was in the service. All of us were Vets and it was facinating to hear him tell his stories about his own Army service there. He's a US citizen too and living the good life. He was really proud to be one of "us" now. He had the Guzzi he'd always dreamed of, a family and freedom to travel. Made us appreciate what we all have here and often take for granted.
He had us all in stitches when he explained how he was trained to attack. "You all run forward yelling "AAAAARRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" and firing bursts from your gun. You don't even hit anything! You can't aim running like that!".
I like when Vets get to together and talk like this. There are no "former enemys" and no animosity at all. Just the common bond of having served and being grateful that you survived the experience!

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Sidecarnutz said:
That's cool!
I ran into a guy at a Moto Guzzi bike Rally last year from NJ who is from Poland and was a paratrooper when he was in the service. All of us were Vets and it was facinating to hear him tell his stories about his own Army service there. He's a US citizen too and living the good life. He was really proud to be one of "us" now. He had the Guzzi he'd always dreamed of, a family and freedom to travel. Made us appreciate what we all have here and often take for granted.
He had us all in stitches when he explained how he was trained to attack. "You all run forward yelling "AAAAARRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" and firing bursts from your gun. You don't even hit anything! You can't aim running like that!".
I like when Vets get to together and talk like this. There are no "former enemys" and no animosity at all. Just the common bond of having served and being grateful that you survived the experience!
Yes, soldiers are soldiers no matter where you go.. Have vistied and talked quite a bit with Russians.... One Russian told the last time that he talked to an American soldier was in 1972, in Hanoi....

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I was all ready for a anti-gun co worker confrontation story. I was pleasantly suprised reading your post. The People that become US citizens are aware of what a great country this is and I have met many when I was in the Air Force

·
Registered
289 Posts
You have a good opportunity to maybe find out some interesting details about polish ak's, techniques of training, what is taught in care and riflery, how they were issued and accounted for. pretty neat!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts