AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i wasnt sure where to post this if its in the wrong section feel free to move it. THe shop is gunmaster in plano tx. Its a really nice looking gun been completely refinished in probably duracoat also has correct selector markings and folding stock locks in place unlike mine. Also has matching numbers from what i can see but i didnt take the cover off. They're asking $700 and its a consighnment so they might would take less hope it gets a good home... :grin:

·
Registered
897 Posts
What makes the MD63 so rare or valuable that it deserves a 700 dollar price?

I'm wondering because I have seen a fair amount of Romy underfolders that you could easily just put some generic romy furniture and blammo, instant md63, right?

Or am I missing some key point.

I have seen about 5 Romy underfolder guns (not kits) in the last 4 or so months all for around 475. None of them had the donkey dong though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If it's a Romanian folder with the correct front pistol grip lower handguard then it's a model MD65. They sell high because they can. The market is very screwy right now. Nice rifle though. I just paid $300 for a matching numbers MD65 battle field pick-up parts kit. Go figure...

Hopefully this is what it will look like when completed by Red Stick Arms.

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
What makes the MD63 so rare or valuable that it deserves a 700 dollar price?

I'm wondering because I have seen a fair amount of Romy underfolders that you could easily just put some generic romy furniture and blammo, instant md63, right?

Or am I missing some key point.
You're missing some key point. :lol: Seriously though, a WASR is quite a bit different from a kit-built, selector-marked, and refinished MD-65 or even one built from using an SAR-1 as a donor with a kit. The $700 does seem a slight bit high but that's without seeing it. If some care and attention to detail has been put on it, the price may be about right.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its the real deal i have a md65 to compare it with although mine has the battle field look to it. Its a consighnement gun so you can make an offer and they could relay that to the seller or he may have a price he would go down to on file with them or something. They also had a saiga conversion for $399 i though that was a pretty good price...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts