AK Rifles banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.izhmash.ru/eng/product/saiga_mk.shtml

Found this while perusing Izhmash's website. There are, however, several curiosities about it:

It's a SAIGA, not a military AK.
It's built on what they're calling a Saiga-M receiver - (RPK receiver!)
It will not fire in the folded position.
It is only available with the short barrel.
It is available in both 7.62x39 and .223.

All of that information can be found scattered about here:

http://www.izhmash.ru/eng/product/saiga.shtml

Too bad we'll never see them. Looks pretty damn cool to me though. What could be better than a Russian SBR RPK-receiver Khyber Pass AKM? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
I know there is another thread about this same gun. One of our members from overseas posted pics...

It's in one of the "many" Khyber threads in the Russian Forum

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Uzbek Russian contract rifles, start of production date?

Well, I tried to post the link with no luck..above is the topic though in the Russian forum..as some good info and pics of the Uzbek soliders Khybers

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
It doesn't look like an RPK receiver... no bulged trunnion and it has the dimple (IIRC, they stopped using dimples in the mid 70's for RPKs... right?)

·
Registered
983 Posts
Guys....those rifles are SAIGAs and made for the civilian market. You can get an AK in almost any configuration you want in Russia (not full auto obviously) you just need to be able to pay the custom shop at Izhmash to do it. Here is a friend of mine's rifle.

:wink:

This is a standard model offered by the custom shop...a Saiga MK.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Q-gunner2 said:
It doesn't look like an RPK receiver... no bulged trunnion and it has the dimple (IIRC, they stopped using dimples in the mid 70's for RPKs... right?)
So why would they stop using dimples for RPK receivers

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They have stabilizing plates in the magwells rather than dimples.

I guess you're right, I thought I saw the trunnion bulge but I guess not. They do claim they are using a heavier receiver though so I'm wondering if they're a 1.6mm like some others?

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
At the S12 forum there is a member who is in France, he has the same rifle.

Damn I wish we could get them here in the USA...

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
drummerdude1188 said:
Aren't those rifles straight pull actions and not semi-auto or is that in some other country?
In the UK, they are.

In other countries, they're whatever the country allows.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Obviously they have a mechanism installed wherein the trigger cannot be released until the folder is locked in the closed position. I'm sure you could make one if you really wanted it, but considering it's nothing any of us would ever want or need, that's why nobody's ever made one here.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
us_dragunov said:
Guys....those rifles are SAIGAs and made for the civilian market. You can get an AK in almost any configuration you want in Russia (not full auto obviously) you just need to be able to pay the custom shop at Izhmash to do it. Here is a friend of mine's rifle.

please tell me that saiga will not be offering this exact configuration here in the US.if they are,i'm feeling EXTREMELY stupid right now.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
priler said:
us_dragunov said:

I would bet money on "no", look in the russian section theres a thread about the new ones coming in and some pictures.

please tell me that saiga will not be offering this exact configuration here in the US.if they are,i'm feeling EXTREMELY stupid right now.
I would bet money on "no", look in the russian section theres a thread about the new ones coming in and some pictures.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts