AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now the hard part, do I turn it into a AKS-74, as I'm wanting a good looking Afghan war clone, or leave it the way it is and monkey around with a 88 kit and turn that into the AKS that I already bough the furniture for? Seems a shame to alter the kit from how it originally was..

·
Registered
225 Posts
I vote keep it how it is. Those 88 kits are available, do your monkeying around with that.
wow that is awesome, alittle over a year ago i called them asking the same question but they told me no lol heres my 83, i made it an aks, just because im a sucker for side folders.

83 is on the left

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cameron, yours is actually the one I saw that made me want to do a AKS-74 with laminate wood. Saw yours in the Russian section, and have to say, that's a friggen beautiful rifle. I think I am gonna keep the 83 as the fixed stock, then buy the 88 later, throw the folding stock on and some laminate wood.

·
1,092 Posts
If I were only going to have one it would be fixed stock as that's how the kit was originally built and the wood is gorgeous! But the AKS is IMO is more iconic based on what your looking for (Russo/Afgan) and more versatile, not too mention that the left side folding stock was a revolutionary change and is still my favorite and most useful folder designed for an AK. Watch the movie 9th company it may help you make a decision?

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Coming from that company, I'd say Bulgarian.
That would be the most logical answer, but they do get a large amount of Russian items as well. I'd definitely call them.

·
Registered
225 Posts
yes that is a Bulgarian trunnion, i believe the only Russian trunnions they have are the 5.5mm trunnions. but that shouldn't deter any one, the Bulgarian trunnion is fine IMO

·
1,092 Posts
Would a Tula one be more correct? I might actually use the one that came with my Bulgarian AKS kit as it appears to be Russian, the stock is Izzy for sure unless the Bulgarians made a non rolled smooth butt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts