AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,797 Posts
Now you need to shoot a "Cold Bore" group.
Next time you go to the range, shoot a 5 shot group
with it firing one shot every 30 min or so.
Looks like it shoots great!
Nice job!

KyAKGuy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
KyAKGuy said:
Now you need to shoot a "Cold Bore" group.
Next time you go to the range, shoot a 5 shot group
with it firing one shot every 30 min or so.
Looks like it shoots great!
Nice job!

KyAKGuy
Yeah thanks. I'd always had it in my mind that I couldn't achieve this kinda accuracy with a "hunting" rifle. Im really stoked about this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,019 Posts
Nice shootin', thirdeye! :allright:

I had an A-bolt in 30.06 that was a real tack driver, too. The only problem was that it was a synthetic stock and kicked like a mule on steroids. However, even with factory loads, half inch groups were not uncommon. I don't think the A-bolt gets enough credit. They are very nice rifles, even "out of the box".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AKJP said:
Nice shootin', thirdeye! :allright:

I had an A-bolt in 30.06 that was a real tack driver, too. The only problem was that it was a synthetic stock and kicked like a mule on steroids. However, even with factory loads, half inch groups were not uncommon. I don't think the A-bolt gets enough credit. They are very nice rifles, even "out of the box".
Yeah Ive had this gun for almost 14 years now and Ive just recently started reloading for it. I'd always shot cheapo Wally World ammo out of it before. It was fine for hunting (that rifle has slain many a white tail) but it wasnt until recently that I started trying to really dial it in. Cant believe I was thinking of selling it at one point! :goof:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
900 Posts
That's some good shooting there, thirdeye. I think you've found your ideal load. :mrgreen: Well done. It doesn't get any better than that.
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Grim Reaper said:
That's some good shooting there, thirdeye. I think you've found your ideal load. :mrgreen: Well done. It doesn't get any better than that.
:peep:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Grim Reaper said:
That's some good shooting there, thirdeye. I think you've found your ideal load. :mrgreen: Well done. It doesn't get any better than that.
Thanks. I got a trip to Nebraska panned in a couple weeks. Were going to rid my buddies land of unwanted pests. I started working these loads up last night.

110g Hornady V-Max pushed by 56-60(C) grains of Re15. The literature has the 60g load scooting along at ~3400fps!! Pure EVIL! Those poor, poor, lawn poodles!! :twisted:

 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top