AK Rifles banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
El Chorizo I am using a macbook pro? never had a like problem using my PC that crashed and burned.:)
Strange, I have a macbook pro and an iMac (I'm on the iMac now) but usually use Chrome. I'll play around in Safari and see if I can duplicate it but it sounds like maybe if you clear your cache and cookies in Safari it should fix it, I don't think there is an issue on the site.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Test from Safari.

Edit: Test was fine :(
well I don't know I will have to look at that I am new to the apples OS have had PC all my life till now. but when I use chrome it works but spell check or auto correct does not work in general it seems to me that this computer is not very well intergrated?
Thanks Again:El Chorizo.

·
Registered
59 Posts
With the old forum, I used to browse exclusively via secure encrypted HTTPS/SSL access. It appears that HTTPS is no longer available now that the forum has been upgraded. I humbly request that HTTPS access be reenabled!

For those who don't understand the difference, let me briefly explain:

When you visit the unsecured HTTP address http://www.theakforum.net , everything about your browsing is visible to every router and server across the Internet between you and the Forum. When you log in to the forum, your username and password can be sniffed, as well as the URL and content of every page you browse. Your ISP, the NSA, the person on the other side of the room using your encrypted wifi connection, or a nosy neighbor within reach of your home wifi network.

When you visit the secured HTTPS address https://www.theakforum.net , any man-in-the-middle sees only a stream of random bytes. Even the domain name "The AK Forum dot net" is hidden from them, they see only the IP address 209.99.52.8 (which reverse lookups to txff05.forumfoundry.com, no sign of "AK Forum" anywhere).

In my opinion, you should browse the entire Internet securely, and I use the Free web browser plugin HTTPS Anywhere to ensure I always choose the secure alternative when one is available... but we no longer have a secure choice available at The AK Forum!

Very cheap SSL certificates are available, and I'm glad to answer any PM regarding server configuration that I'm able to.

·
Registered
8 Posts
With the direction this government is choosing to take toward our 2nd amendment I would like to opt out as a member before the SHTF. List and names with a hungry government doesn't usually go together well. Then today I see my pass word on this sight is being changed and that's reason enough for me. That and I don't participate that much over here. I couldn't tell you one persons name. So who do I contact to be free from the list?

·
Administrator
331 Posts
With the direction this government is choosing to take toward our 2nd amendment I would like to opt out as a member before the SHTF. List and names with a hungry government doesn't usually go together well. Then today I see my pass word on this sight is being changed and that's reason enough for me. That and I don't participate that much over here. I couldn't tell you one persons name. So who do I contact to be free from the list?
Hey there,

Just to clarify are you asking to have your account removed from the site?
We do not delete accounts, but we can make your account anonymous, just let us know if this is what you would like.

Richard.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Hey there,

Just to clarify are you asking to have your account removed from the site?
We do not delete accounts, but we can make your account anonymous, just let us know if this is what you would like.

Richard.

That post was almost four months ago (06-23-2016 06:49 PM). A quick check of that member's profile reveals they haven't made another post since nor logged in here. I figure they went underground.
Y'all really on top of things huh?
Maybe you should try emailing them instead of posting a reply? Just a suggestion.

·
Administrator
331 Posts
Whoops. A deleted post brought us here, and then didn't check the date on the most recent post. Little bit of egg on the face.

Kevin

·
Administrator
331 Posts
Something got your first post flagged as a suspicious (can't tell what) and so it was put into holding. All your subsequent posts have had the same treatment. Fixed now

Kevin

·
Registered
896 Posts
Please post any bugs or concerns you have here.
I just got my new phone. Moto Z Play.
I'm not up to speed w/it yet. I'm having some issues with the Forum, the Files seem to operate normal.
Right now, I'm trying to post feedback for a fellow and can't find the section.
I changed browser, added Tapatalk.
I can open the profile but no link to post feedback??
Thanks, Michael

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
331 Posts
I just got my new phone. Moto Z Play.
I'm not up to speed w/it yet. I'm having some issues with the Forum, the Files seem to operate normal.
Right now, I'm trying to post feedback for a fellow and can't find the section.
I changed browser, added Tapatalk.
I can open the profile but no link to post feedback??
Thanks, Michael

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Not all features are on Mobile and TapaTalk, might have to wait for desktop.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
331 Posts
The reset password (link sent to email, click link and email will be sent) - no emails being generated. Tried twice.
Could be your email domain is blocking our emails. Add the following to contacts / safe senders list and see if that helps.

[email protected] and [email protected]

Let me know if that works. Also, always check your Spam folders.

- JB

·
Administrator
331 Posts
Used to be able to select viewing of posts made within certain timeframes.
not sure what you mean by that. is that a view within the a thread or in the forum?

The reset password (link sent to email, click link and email will be sent) - no emails being generated. Tried twice.
send me an PM with your account information. username and email.

Lee

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
the only thing i can view is 'recent threads'. nothing else visible in forum.

*Edit- Figured it out. Had to exit out and then click on 'forums' upon re-entry.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts