AK Rifles banner

41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
The calendar feature, if you create a new event is that something that everyone will see or is this a private calendar?

Nm, I went to the FAQ and read about the Calendar
You will see a 'Calendar' link near the top of the forums (if this option is enabled by the administrator). By default, the forums will have one Calendar that can be viewed and used by all members.

·
Registered
54 Posts
HE is stating he is stil lhaving trouble:

His coments below:

I have actually tried to gain access to the forum a couple times each day since the update. No luck so far.

I am of a mind that it has something to do with using the Wii . If I can use someone's computer I will see if that will work. And I will report back and possibly confirm if the trouble is due to using the Wii.

·
Registered
30 Posts
HE is stating he is stil lhaving trouble:

His coments below:

I have actually tried to gain access to the forum a couple times each day since the update. No luck so far.

I am of a mind that it has something to do with using the Wii . If I can use someone's computer I will see if that will work. And I will report back and possibly confirm if the trouble is due to using the Wii.

Unfortunately we do not have a Wii to do any testing with. That makes it very hard to troubleshoot the problem. I have enabled the "Mobile" broswer so he can try that skin and see if it works better for him.

·
Registered
298 Posts
It looks like all my posts since May are gone... Granted, I know it won't be that much but I know i've posted at least twice in the last week or so.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Really like the new look but tell me there is a way to do this...

When conducting a search in the old version you could select a specific subsection to search for your keyword in, like just searching the Russian section, or WTS AK Rifle section - and you could click on more than one subsection if desired. It appears when searching now it searches the entire forum with no ability to search individual subsections, or am I missing something?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Really like the new look but tell me there is a way to do this...

When conducting a search in the old version you could select a specific subsection to search for your keyword in, like just searching the Russian section, or WTS AK Rifle section - and you could click on more than one subsection if desired. It appears when searching now it searches the entire forum with no ability to search individual subsections, or am I missing something?
If you go into a forum, you can click on the 'search forum' link just under the pagination (the thing that shows you all the pages you can skip back and forth between)

That will give you the ability to search just that forum. In addition you can always click on 'advanced search' and do all kinds of crazy searches :)

Advanced Search - The AK Forum

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Only mods/admins can change thread titles, and it's done a little differently. The reason is that the URL to the thread is dependent on the thread title, so incoming links may break when a thread title is changed..

Editing the title of a thread isn't having the expected effect...the title of the post itself changes, but the thread title remains the same.

Example, where the "WTS" in the title was changed to "SPF":

http://www.theakforum.net/forums/35-want-sell-ak-parts-accessories/164339-wts-russian-t3-laminate-furniture-t3-polish-grips.html

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
It looks like all my posts since May are gone... Granted, I know it won't be that much but I know i've posted at least twice in the last week or so.
I wasn't able to find any missing posts of yours from the old forum database. It only showed 2 posts which were both already available. However if you had posted the night we performed the upgrade, we did unfortunately lose some of the first few posts that same night. We had to correct a duplicate post issue that resulted in some of the newest posts on the new board being deleted..

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
If you go into a forum, you can click on the 'search forum' link just under the pagination (the thing that shows you all the pages you can skip back and forth between)

That will give you the ability to search just that forum. In addition you can always click on 'advanced search' and do all kinds of crazy searches :)

Advanced Search - The AK Forum

Quite odd. In my main advanced search screen there is no ability to choose which forums you want to search in but if I'm in a subsection then click the search forum button then then hit advanced search under that subsection search, the option to choose which forums you want to search shows up... So it looks like you have to go into a subsection, then advance search from that section to do a specific group of subsection searches. Feels like that pick which forums you want to search tab should be added to the main advanced search screen. Either way, I figured out a way to access it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
You should find there are 2 tabs, the first one states "Search Single Content Type". Click on that and you'll see the forum list.. (I know it looks like it's selected already, the colors are deceiving) .. We should be able to set it to that by default though, I'll look into it.

Quite odd. In my main advanced search screen there is no ability to choose which forums you want to search in but if I'm in a subsection then click the search forum button then then hit advanced search under that subsection search, the option to choose which forums you want to search shows up... So it looks like you have to go into a subsection, then advance search from that section to do a specific group of subsection searches. Feels like that pick which forums you want to search tab should be added to the main advanced search screen. Either way, I figured out a way to access it.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
I have noticed that when I make a post in a thread, then go to the top and hit new post, that thread I posted in is gone.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I have noticed that when I make a post in a thread, then go to the top and hit new post, that thread I posted in is gone.
That's because the "New Posts" link only shows new posts.. If you've looked at the post (or posted in it) then it's no longer new to you.. :)

41 - 60 of 99 Posts