AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done much research on filling out my Form 1, but need a bit more help. I will be using a Trust.

The rifle was built with a US receiver and a permanently mounted barrel extension made to look like a suppressor so that it was the legal minimum 16" length. I plan to remove the extension when my paperwork clears.

Line 1d, Model -
a) Is this "M92 Krinkov"? The front trunion has 2003 M92 stamped on it, or
b) is it "Model AUSA", which is what is on the receiver made by Armory USA in Houston TX (actually says Mod AUSA)

Line 4a, Original Manufacturer -
a) Is this my Trust name, since I am converting an existing rifle to an SBR, or
b) do I use the original manufacturer, "Zastava Arms, Kragujevac, Yugoslavia"

Line 4h, Additional Description -
a) Anything needed here? I understand this line tends to be blank, but might it be dependent on what I put on Line 1d or 4a? If the Model is M92, maybe I put "Armory USA, Mod AUSA" here? There are no other markings on the receiver, such as the US builder.

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
1d: b
4a: neither. The original manufacturer refers to the receiver. The correct answer is Armory USA, Houston TX

As for the additional description, I've always left them blank and every one of my Form 1's has been approved. However, it's been over a year and they tend to change the rules. Perhaps someone who has received one recently can chime in.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, so I guess ATF does care whether it's a Krink or a regular AK as the base model, just what receiver it's made with. Maybe that gives them a more positive way to identify it.

I'm also converting an existing AR-15 to an SBR, so the original manufacturer would be the lower receiver maker, not me (the Trust) as the converter from Title I to Title II firearm.

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
OK, so I guess ATF does care whether it's a Krink or a regular AK as the base model, just what receiver it's made with. Maybe that gives them a more positive way to identify it.
Yes, who made the receiver is what they're looking for.

I'm also converting an existing AR-15 to an SBR, so the original manufacturer would be the lower receiver maker, not me (the Trust) as the converter from Title I to Title II firearm.
Exactly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts