AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of gearing up to build my bulgy krink. I have read alot about engraving the receiver with name, city and state. Is this info needed? I am building from a demil bulgy krink using a NoDak receiver. If I do need to engrave it why? I don't see anything on the form refering me to do this. Unless it is refering to item 4a but NoDak is the original manufacturer of the receiver correct? Or is item 4a to be filled in with my info because I am assembleing the firearm from parts (in reference to definition 2i)? Any information is welcome.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I will give it a shot
you need to put your name and info on the firearm becouse you are the one makeing the SBR
as far as 4a that is where you put nodaks info

4h is where you would put your info although I dont know if that is needed becouse you have to put your name on the firearm anyways since you made the SBR

·
Registered
126 Posts
So, the stuff you'd have to engrave on the receiver is what you'd put down in box 3b of Form 1?

machineguneddie said:
Nodak built the receiver
you are building the SBR

the engraving needs to be a minimum of 1/16" tall and .003" deep

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
NODAK SPUD DID NOT MANUFACTURE THE RECEIVERS! Take a look at the name engraved on them. It is "DC Industries". You must engrave your name, city, and state because you are the "maker" of the SBR.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Bret said:
NODAK SPUD DID NOT MANUFACTURE THE RECEIVERS! Take a look at the name engraved on them. It is "DC Industries". You must engrave your name, city, and state because you are the "maker" of the SBR.
My last one is marked Nodak Spud which is what I used on the Form 1. It says Nodak Spud LLC on the receiver which is what the ATF would be looking for if they were tracking this. Its what the FFL marks down when they get it. Maybe it was a running change since I thought it used to say DCI too.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
dyi said:
Bret said:
My last one is marked Nodak Spud which is what I used on the Form 1. It says Nodak Spud LLC on the receiver which is what the ATF would be looking for if they were tracking this. Its what the FFL marks down when they get it. Maybe it was a running change since I thought it used to say DCI too.
Since NoDak has moved and got a new FFl, they are now NoDak Spud LLc instead of DCI. I just got an FFL copy from them showing that. All their recivers now should show NoDak Spud LLC as the manufacture.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Which is sad, since having “spud” marked on a rifle is to me, for some reason, rather cheesy. Call me too serious…

I have a few SBR’s that I built from existing factory rifles. An MP5 clone from an HK94, a UMP clone from a USC, and an AK-102 from an SLR-106FR. Not wanting to mark my rifles up with all manner on annoying new engravings, I wrote the BATF if it was ok to put my name, city, and state (the required info) on the barrel where it might be hidden by a shroud or hand guard. The premise was if I ever returned the rifle to it’s original full-length barreled state, I didn’t want the excess markings. I have a letter from them saying this is OK.

Now, I wonder… if I build an SBR Krink from a factory receiver (NoDak, for example). The “gun” is already made; the receiver already exists. I wonder if the same logic can be applied allowing me to mark the barrel… I may have to write them again.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Yeah you can mark the barrel

This is the deal.
Once the AK receiver is made, it is a TITLE I firearm.
The manufacturer of that Title 1 firearm is what you put in 4A
If you made the receiver from a flat or cold steel blank then you put you name in that spot.

When you press in a barrel that is less then 16 inches then you turn that Title I firearm into a Title II firearm. So you manufactured a Title II firearm from a Title I firearm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts