AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started dating a girl from Gainesville and I was wondering if there were any decent gun shops in the area that I could browse. I've spent one weekend there already and I just need something to preoccupy my time while she's working. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Really looking for something within half an hour to an hour drive max. I've been to Franklin's in Athens but it's nothing special. Just overpriced IMO. Might have to hit up The Firing Lane again though to flip the happy switch on their AK. :wink: :grin:
ETA:Come to think of it are there any members around the area?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,037 Posts
Me.

Shuler's is not bad, and a new one about a mile from me, Omega.
We used to have an indoor range/shop. There is a public 85yd range near Lula.

We used to have a nice lake here. :lol:

Email or PM me anytime.

Dave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
442 Posts
Yes, when your rolling up the 4 lane 985, get off at the Oakwood exit. (the big one under construction right now.) Take a LEFT and go under the 4 lane. Stay striaght on that road until it dead ends (about 2-3miles). There's a large log cabin style shop on the Right just before the intersection. Don't know the name but it's nice! Get your GF to take you to lunch at Brad's grill or Longstreet Cafe..both are excellent Gainesville Staples.. Johnny's BBQ ain't bad either and Durango is fantastic mexican...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kalashnikov-kid said:
Yes, when your rolling up the 4 lane 985, get off at the Oakwood exit. (the big one under construction right now.) Take a LEFT and go under the 4 lane. Stay straight on that road until it dead ends (about 2-3miles). There's a large log cabin style shop on the Right just before the intersection. Don't know the name but it's nice! Get your GF to take you to lunch at Brad's grill or Longstreet Cafe..both are excellent Gainesville Staples.. Johnny's BBQ ain't bad either and Durango is fantastic mexican...
We ate at the Wild Wing Cafe this past weekend and it was great. Got the big 9 piece sampler platter and it was delicious.
If you can find out the name or address of the shop you mentioned I can just put it in my GPS and it'll tell me how to get there lickedy split.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Prototype Services said:
Me.

Shuler's is not bad, and a new one about a mile from me, Omega.
We used to have an indoor range/shop. There is a public 85yd range near Lula.

We used to have a nice lake here. :lol:

Email or PM me anytime.

Dave
Any of these shops carry AKs? I have yet to find a shop in GA with a decent supply of AKs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,037 Posts
That log-cabin shop in Oakwood is more a hunting place. They have an indoor range downstairs. The location is about halfway between the college and where Mundy Mill rd "T's" into 53-McEver Rd.

Shulers had AKs last time I was in there, most had Tapco furniture. Omega had FALs, ARs, not sure if they had any AKs. They might now. They are on 53 on the west side of Gainesville.
If you ate at WildWings, you were only a block from Shulers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Prototype Services said:
That log-cabin shop in Oakwood is more a hunting place. They have an indoor range downstairs. The location is about halfway between the college and where Mundy Mill rd "T's" into 53-McEver Rd.

Shulers had AKs last time I was in there, most had Tapco furniture. Omega had FALs, ARs, not sure if they had any AKs. They might now. They are on 53 on the west side of Gainesville.
If you ate at WildWings, you were only a block from Shulers.
Thanks I'll definitely have to visit Shulers and Omega. Omega's full name is Omega Man Weaponry correct? That's the only shop closest in name I could find in the Gainesville area.
The log cabin shop doesn't really sound like my cup of tea. I've had some bad experiences with the "Bubba" kind of shops. :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
there is a nice shop in dawsonville, i cant recall the name but its like guns and pawn. Dont get turned of by the name, i was at first, but it is great. if heading south on ga 19/400, it is in the shopping center at the corner on 53 on the right, about two miles before the outlet malls.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,547 Posts
im not in gainsville, but on your way back down i have about 5 ak's and ammo im trying to move. cash, no background checks, no hassle. :grin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
The " log cabin " shop is the Oakwood Sportsmans Lodge. Also try Clyde Armory in Athens, not very far from Franklins. The outdoor range Prototype services mentioned is at Wilson Shoal WMA. Really nice range with a RO on sight , they close at 7pm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
catsailer40 said:
im not in gainsville, but on your way back down i have about 5 ak's and ammo im trying to move. cash, no background checks, no hassle. :grin:
Where are you located? Do you have an ad on the forum? I might be interested if you let me know what you have and if you're not too far out of the way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,037 Posts
If you come out 53 to Omega Man, it is only about 12-15 miles to the gun and pawn in Dawsonville. I've never been, but I think I know a "Frank" that works there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,083 Posts
bazkook said:
catsailer40 said:
im not in gainsville, but on your way back down i have about 5 ak's and ammo im trying to move. cash, no background checks, no hassle. :grin:
Where are you located? Do you have an ad on the forum? I might be interested if you let me know what you have and if you're not too far out of the way.
OMG this is funny :twisted: They have no idea but some of you I am sure know why I find this funny :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Prototype Services said:
If you come out 53 to Omega Man, it is only about 12-15 miles to the gun and pawn in Dawsonville. I've never been, but I think I know a "Frank" that works there.
Thanks. I'll hit it up if I get a chance. I'll definitely have to hit up Clyde Armory. I checked out their website and they seem to have a nice selection of stuff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Speedfreak said:
bazkook said:
catsailer40 said:
im not in gainsville, but on your way back down i have about 5 ak's and ammo im trying to move. cash, no background checks, no hassle. :grin:
Where are you located? Do you have an ad on the forum? I might be interested if you let me know what you have and if you're not too far out of the way.
OMG this is funny :twisted: They have no idea but some of you I am sure know why I find this funny :lol:
:confused: Could you please enlighten me on what's funny? PM me or call me. Haven't talked to you in a while.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,547 Posts
its probably funny because you two are related, and he and i talk quite a bit. he knows what i have mostly. i didnt realize you two were related. i hope you got the women's genes as far as looks goes in the family :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
catsailer40 said:
its probably funny because you two are related, and he and i talk quite a bit. he knows what i have mostly. i didnt realize you two were related. i hope you got the women's genes as far as looks goes in the family :lol:
Yep we're related by marriage. He's a pretty good guy...most of the time. :wink: :grin:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,547 Posts
bazkook said:
catsailer40 said:
its probably funny because you two are related, and he and i talk quite a bit. he knows what i have mostly. i didnt realize you two were related. i hope you got the women's genes as far as looks goes in the family :lol:
Yep we're related by marriage. He's a pretty good guy...most of the time. :wink: :grin:
cool man. let me know if you are interested or talk to him and he can tell you what i told him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,408 Posts
Funny.......I was just through Gainesville 2 weeks ago on the way to the GSSF match at Riverbend GC.

Thought I was in Little Mexico!!!
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top