Premium Member
10,498 Posts
I love the R1! :twisted:

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nalioth said:
The Armson OEG was such a simple and reliable device.

I wish someone would offer something similar today.
The Trijicon Reflex is about as close as you'll get to the orignial OEG, but there are so many better options out there now.

Somebody's still got one in Liberia........ :twisted:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Templar -

I finally got around to getting a copy of The Wild Geese on DVD & watched it last night.

The last time I saw it was 20 years ago or so, but of course it was a "cut up" version on brodcast TV.

It's a little cheesy by today's standards but a lot of good gun action. And yes I caught a glimpse of SIG AMT too.

Note the 30rd L4 mag in the cut down FAL. Did you also catch Shawn Fenn's (Roger Moore) SIG P210 at the beginning?

I even have the back issue of Soldier of Fortune (from 1978) that reviewed the movie & interviews Col. Mike Hoare. I'll have to dig it out & reread it tonight. (wasn't SOF great back in those days?)

To everyone else, buy it & be prepared to use the PAUSE button a lot.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I still buy Armsons when I find them. They are usually cheap.

I have a couple of guys wanting them with the integral carry handle mounts.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Both that Liberian scope and Tosh look like they're a similar occluded sight called a SinglePoint. I just learned about them within the past week in the Retro forum:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=123&t=395084

All the Armson's I've seen have a straight tube with enlarged ends, with adjustments on the front end. These have adjustments in the middle, with the telltale domed plastic cap. Would love to get my hands on one for T&E.

Templar, those pics would be great to share there. The "Retro" subforum is not overrun with the usual types that plague that forum site. Lots of good builders who look at the original details like the Russian & Krink areas here.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Chopped and channeled baby............ :smile:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts