AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Members, I want to gauge interest in a second run or AIMR folding stock clones by JMAC. With the recent small influx of AIMS kits I engaged JMAC about doing another small run of AIMR stock clones...with no luck. So...I figured I would put it out there and see if we can generate enough interest/incentive for JMAC to make another run. If I remember correctly they had 40 preorders when they made their initial run of 50...I don't know if they reached the 75 crest or not. So the way I figure, if we can get around 30 people wanting a second run, that may generate enough incentive for JMAC to make us some more.

Let get this going.

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
My knowledge of Romy AK history is far from complete, but didn't the short period of this stock type's production run predate the AIMR74 short carbine introduction by several years?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I think the stock project was much more work than Justin expected and might not have been worthwhile. I doubt he would do it again, at least not for the $300 price. He's making the flash hider again?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AZAK - I believe you are correct in this, but at least for me I want to have the different stock option. Though it may not be 100% correct, it will still be unique and show just as the md.80...if we can find the proper GB/FSB. Just my opinion.

esh21167 - It may have been so for JMAC. I do not know the history of the project. What I do know is that he will not do a second run unless interest can be garnered, plus it never hurts to ask. If we get the numbers to peek his interest and he comes back with a higher figure, then we know what we are looking at and decide if we want to move forward...but we will never know if we do not ask.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I was in from the beginning on the first run. I know Justin said it wasn't worth his while with the work involved. If he does it again I suspect it will be significantly more than the first run.

Nathan

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was in from the beginning on the first run. I know Justin said it wasn't worth his while with the work involved. If he does it again I suspect it will be significantly more than the first run.

Nathan
Thanks for the history Nathan...and for just making it more of a long shot, but I have to still have hope. Thanks though for the expectation management.

r/

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
I see one come up every couple months for sale on akfiles, you're best bet is just to have $500 set back for it and keep watching. I've seen a few original stocks come up over the last year too.
I hate I missed the aims kit that sold on here a week or two ago, would have loved to added it into the stash.

Thanks for the history Nathan...and for just making it more of a long shot, but I have to still have hope. Thanks though for the expectation management.

r/

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I see one come up every couple months for sale on akfiles, you're best bet is just to have $500 set back for it and keep watching. I've seen a few original stocks come up over the last year too.
I hate I missed the aims kit that sold on here a week or two ago, would have loved to added it into the stash.
I wouldn't be surprised at a $400-$500 price like you say if more are made. When the project started, 2 originals were available on AK Files, 2 different lengths. One for $400 and one for $500. That seems like a deal now.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Count me in for one.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I'd be in for one for sure. Probably two.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Five in now, for at least one each.

I also agree about having the cash in hand...and being here at the right time, will be great...but like I said from the start, it never hurts to ask, so why not try???

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Someone lend me a stock, get 50x pre orders at $400 each with $100 down and I'll have them ready in 6 months.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
What years are these correct for? I don't have any interest in one, just curious.

Frank, a WTB ad would save you ALOT of trouble. Use your current kit/parts inventory to your advantage.

I keep a list of all my current gear, and a list of the kits/parts I want. Many many times I have traded something I wanted for something that I had to have. I used to endlessly be on a mad dash/hunt for this part or that part. Now I just lay back and wait for them to pop up vs try to spend as much money as possible to make it happen.

I started enjoying this hobby alot more after I stopped trying to make things happen vs let them happen. With the paint being the exception to this because I had to make that happen since no one was doing it right.

I hope that made sense. Also, once you build the kits you have your NEED to have every single variation fades fast.

Case in point, I build a Tantal and sell my spare kit. I build my AIMS74, and sell my spare kit, etc etc. Just trying to share my observations after my brief time in the "game".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Chris, Great feedback/advice. For this thread, I actually found the stock 4-5 months ago, so I never pursued this any further, but if someone else wants to run with this one, be my guest, would love to see another run of these.

Yea Chris, I need to start building...but with my new job, I have NO TIME. None. Everything I am doing is getting ready to be gone for 9 mos next spring. Work and family are taking all my time...and fixing up our new house...not time for my hobby, except to acquire the last few parts I want/need. I tried you approach a couple months back with a WTB add, and knocked a few things off my list. My problem is that once I get something I want, I rarely let go...very rarely. Most of the items I want/need now are more likely to come from the motherland than back here...have a few sources looking, but those particular rifles/accessories will be VERY pricey so I am OK with them not finding what I am looking for right away.

Thanks brother

1 - 20 of 25 Posts