AK Rifles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if that's what its called or not but does anyone on this board have a folding stock RPK-74? I know Andrei was selling them for a while and I was wondering if the stock trunnion was any different than the one they use for a normal AK variant. If so is there anyone that can cut the reciever to accomodate it? Thanks

·
Registered
10,213 Posts
Andrei sells them already cut/demilled where they can be sent to the USA.

The stock trunnion is very different from a standard AK74M.. The stock swivel itself is actually a seperate part from the buttstock, and the whole lock up is different.. Its also a pain to fold.. From the looks of it, I would guess that it was meant to be folded for the parachute jump, unfolded and then left in the unfolded position for the duration of the mission...

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You think its worth $300 or more from Andrei or should I just keep the wood? I'm getting one of the rapid fire kits and not sure what I'm going to do with it yet.

·
Registered
10,213 Posts
AK Spray said:
You think its worth $300 or more from Andrei or should I just keep the wood? I'm getting one of the rapid fire kits and not sure what I'm going to do with it yet.
Well, it depends on what you want to do.

If you want to make a full on RPK74M clone, you would need to get the other parts to go along with it.. Punch welded barrel parts, ribbed mags, etc.... All of which Andrei sells...

Or, you could use the stock to make a folding wood stock RPKS74 (or RPKS74N).. While the RPK74M hardware uses a different shaped latch, its close enough for Gov't work.. Finding an original laminate RPKS or RPKSN buttstock would be impossible, but Zrecto could make you a US made clone...

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah that would be pretty cool but then I'd be looking at like $500 or more to do the wood stock. I think I'm just going to stick with solid stocks this time. I'm making a AK74M so that should fullfill my folding stock needs. I've always wanted an AK with some nice Russian wood furniture so I think I'll go that route. Thanks Stottman.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts