AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Boys , help a guy out ! , i traded a guy for a stamped 1962 AKM -PLO kit , and i would like to know what stamped receiver is the closest to original Soviet , in mag dimples , spot welds , overall shape , ect., ect.,

I will post pics of my progress building it !

thanks

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
If you can find one the FEG shell is very close. Has the correct spot weld pattern for an early Russian AKM.

Is your PLO kit a fixed stock or folder?

Buzgun said:
Hey Boys , help a guy out ! , i traded a guy for a stamped 1962 AKM -PLO kit , and i would like to know what stamped receiver is the closest to original Soviet , in mag dimples , spot welds , overall shape , ect., ect.,

thanks

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
John,

I would say find a Hungarian FEG shell as that would be the easiest to work with.

Next would be to get a Maadi or Hungarian rifle to part out for the rec.

You may be able to get a good deal on a MISR 90 and remove all the Chinese parts and rebuild it with the Russian kit on the Maadi receiver.

Last of all, DCI is coming out with their Premium AKM/AK74 receivers in about a month.

The AKM receiver will be based on the Hungarian FEG shell, so it should be nice.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jithaca said:
If you can find one the FEG shell is very close. Has the correct spot weld pattern for an early Russian AKM.

Is your PLO kit a fixed stock or folder?

Buzgun said:

thanks
Jithaca : it is a fixed stock , it came with new wood - it is Russian - but it looks a rather dark , Blood color , but like almost all russian wood , it has a nice grain pattern to it ! -- I think i will go with the DCI , or the FEG- as i got this kit for little $$$ , and dont want to pour a ton of cash into it -- but i see that these have become collectors items now , but i like to shoot all the guns i own , so i will definatly not "pamper" it !

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I have a AKM PLO Capture done with a Global Trades 1mm. The only difference that I can see between the FEG receiver is the mag dimple is smaller on the FEG all the rivets match up. Maybe I am missing something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts