AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has FN ever mentioned to make SCARs without the reciprocating charging handle?

That is the only thing holding me back from getting a SCAR.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
No. And what's wrong with it? The ak has one as well as a few other popular rifles out there. Big deal, says I.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I had a friend tell me this week, that either they do, or plan to...nothing to back this up, but he owns one and stays up on the modern stuff.

·
Super Moderator
6,893 Posts
I haven't heard anything to suggest they are. What's your hold up on the reciprocating charging handle. It can be used to bump the carrier forward as a forward assist in a dirty weapon, and there's plenty of aftermarket options out there that allow it to clear optics better than the factory part.

CMS

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
RadScorpius said:
Has FN ever mentioned to make SCARs without the reciprocating charging handle?

That is the only thing holding me back from getting a SCAR.
FNAC:

https://www.fnhusa.com/l/products/scar-family/fnac/

Non reciprocating charging handle, with ambidextrous control and forward assist capability
Sadly, I don't believe this will ever be made as a production piece due to the cancellation of the ICC.

·
Banned
950 Posts
I would get a SCAR if they ever got rid of that horrible buttstock and not just add an AR stock which seems to be the worlds answer to tacticool.

·
Banned
950 Posts
Stottman said:
7n6 said:
I would get a SCAR if they ever got rid of that horrible buttstock and not just add an AR stock which seems to be the worlds answer to tacticool.
While the hinge itself could be upgraded, the stock itself is awesome....

It looks like midget foot.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
The SCAR is awesome all around. The goofy stock is one of the many things that makes it such a great rifle.

There is a non-reciprocating kit for the SCAR, but it would be foolish to bother. There's also lowers coming out that use SR25/DPMS mags.

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
7n6 said:
Stottman said:
7n6 said:
While the hinge itself could be upgraded, the stock itself is awesome....

It looks like midget foot.
Function is awesome.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
+1....that function is more than awesome. If my 74 felt that good shouldered....done deal! :smile:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts