AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
they all will if you chase barrel threads with1/2x28 die.thats what I did no problems. plus you will have lots of choices for f/h

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
SO you can chase 13x1 meteric threads with a 1x28 die and it will actually work to thread 1x28 flash hiders on?

·
Registered
12 Posts
have to use thread alingment tool also_Open die up as far as it goes and rethread.13x1 rh and1/2x28 rh are real close.Run die once and check with 1/2x28 fh for fit.Dawg thats why I sending you my galil fh here BEHIND ENEMY LINES fh are evil!Had to have my golani fitted with a2 style muzzle brake.
GMAN 56

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
Aha, so that was you on Uzitalk! Thanks so much for the flash hider, and for the tip on the 1x28 vs. 13x1.

I was looking for a more efficient flash hider for my MSAR STG-556 AUG clone, and the galil one was the first one I could think of. I may actaully geta tap and rethread a phantom to 13x1 eventually, but right now I just want to see about doing some low light shooting to test the flash of a couple of different hidesr on the AUG.

[ETA] My bad, I meant to say you can chase a 1x28 threaded flash hider with a 13x1 tap and it should work? Seems like if they are close enough it should with some careful tapping. I guesss the worst that will happen is I ruin a flash hider or two in the process. :goof:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts