AK Rifles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
They are actually *not* DD's, at least not on a Federal level.

·
Registered
869 Posts
They are not regulated in any way at the federal level.

You would likely be breaking some state and local laws depending on the location and time of year ie. California in the springtime.

FYI, you would use an 8% solution of Napalm thickener in gasoline as the fuel.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Can't find it now, but I read 10 years ago that they were not regulated under any firearm laws because "they do not expell any projectile" :mrgreen:

Not DDs

There were many in the hands of farmers post WWII for the use of crop burning. You may find one looking down that avenue...

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
They have one for rent at Knob Creek. :wink:

:pyro:

·
Registered
67 Posts
turbothis said:
fire = no toy
that chit is cool from a distance but i have no urge to strap that on my body.
+1

I have no desire to become the first "Christian" suiside bomber, by accident or not.

·
Registered
333 Posts
FLAME ?

They are not a "firearm" as they do not shoot a projectile. State laws vary. There is a fellow who rebuilds them for sale ,not cheap. They are ,however,regulated by Federal Law regulating any pressure vessels.
Worked with pressure vessels for a few years(NASA,JPL) and would NOT want to wear an old steel bottle on MY back ! Would not want to be anywhere near one being used ! No matter what was done to inspect the rebuild the possibility of a failure is there. It would not be pretty :shock:

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I believe that a mess of the old WWII era ones were surplused to the US forestry department to us in back firing, they were found to be overkill. They did however, when filled with water, make the ultimat "super-soaker" for hitting fires in standing trees :grin:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Any of you vets remember all the fu-gas stuff, aiming a hunk of 6" sewer pipe or whathaveyou at your suspected enemy approach, throwing a detonator down the barrel, mixing up the napalm, pouring it down the barrel and waiting...FFFOOOOMMM, Bad Ass Stuff, remember "Napalm sticks to Kids". Have any of you heard the legend about mixing Tide soap with gasoline to make napalm, it was a soap like powder that was poured into the gasoline.
I would not want to be anywhere near anyone carrying a pressurized container of fuel on a battlefield, it proved invaluable from the sense that if an enemy is buried in a hole in the ground you can remove all the oxygen from his lair and roust him that way, otherwise for the amount of weight, explosives in the manner of anti-personnel grenades are probably more efficient. A grenadier would be more effective IMHO, white phosphorous/thermite is as deadly as napalm anyday and it burns underwater.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
are flamethrowers even used anymore?

they're in my easy to build, but not interested in going to the burn ward list of projects. :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts