AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I'm an AK nOOb, I can ask this question...LOL

If I were to buy an under folder stock and trunnion, could I interchange It back and fourth with my fixed stock or are the receivers altogether different? Keep in mind that this is concerning a Yugo M70...

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
The receivers are diffrent. The Uf recivers are cut for UF in the rear of the receiver. They also have diffrent rear trunnions. If you check with Copes dist. They sell a UF adapter that you can swap out with your buttstock..It uses the same rear trunnion as your current buttstock,then you can install the UF

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Here are the receivers and the diffrences you can see. Pics are from NoDak Spud web site

first reciver is the M70 AB2 UF receiver

secong receiver is the M70 AB1 fixed stock

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
RocketFoot..Welcome to the best Ak board out there. Ask as many questions as you want...Lord knows I do. The members here are real helpful and very knowledgeable.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great info...thanks for the replies! I'd like to buy both! But right now, I'm scrapping every last penny just to get my B1 outta lawaway! An interchangeable folding stock option would be cool!

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
brownstown said:
The receivers are diffrent. The Uf recivers are cut for UF in the rear of the receiver. They also have diffrent rear trunnions. If you check with Copes dist. They sell a UF adapter that you can swap out with your buttstock..It uses the same rear trunnion as your current buttstock,then you can install the UF

Using the block will not allow you to open or close it with a magazine in place, unlike the factory u/f mechanism.

In my opinion, underfolders suck anyway (and I don't use 'em).

·
Technical Advisor
15,615 Posts
brownstown said:

That adaptor block is for a standard tang AK. Will not work on a Yugo.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
AKBLUE said:
brownstown said:

That adaptor block is for a standard tang AK. Will not work on a Yugo.
Thanks AKBLUE..I did not know that..good you corrected me :smile:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Back to square one! LOL...

The only con I can see with the Yugo is it's proprietary parts make interchanging parts tough!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts