AK Rifles banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
Weapons between serials C 00001 - X 68500 were originally made for Afghanistan, Iraq, and Syria (through the US) between 2002-2016. About these exports from that era are currently still confidential and not searchable. However, according to some evidence (such as WEAPONS OF THE ISLAMIC STATE | Conflict Armament Research) the number of such weapons sold to Iraq and Syria reaches nearly 2 million.

· Registered
77 Posts
Sorry guys, but seems the publishing company is not eager to publish my book, so I try to find another firm that really wants/capable to publish it. One year has already been wasted. :(

· Registered
2,932 Posts
Sorry guys, but seems the publishing company is not eager to publish my book, so I try to find another firm that really wants/capable to publish it. One year has already been wasted. :(
I wrote to several publishers I know.
But the best way may be a Kickstarter style.
Unbound and Publishizer are the best but I reached out to Ian out of Forgotten Weapons on some ideas as he did crowdfunding for his books and they went well.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

· Registered
518 Posts
I bought some 16" barreled AMD 65 kits from Classic Firearms that looked like they were new. Here are some of the serial numbers: DC7558, DR6179, DT1288, EM6649 and TB2348. Any Info on these serial numbers, they all built up into some nice rifles. They have non-original US made barrels. TIA
Wood Air gun Gun accessory Shotgun Hardwood

Font Typesetting Metal Engineering Pattern

Plant Wood Tree Grass Outdoor bench

Automotive tire Gas Tints and shades Fixture Automotive wheel system

Wood Trigger Line Air gun Shotgun

· Registered
120 Posts
Training rifles were used by regular military, police, and workers' militia units, and all military or police academies.

Three types of training rifles exist:
- non-functional, all of their parts were welded in together, its chamber and magazine were drilled, its wooden parts were painted to black. In some cases, its buttstock was cut down. This type was used during boot camp for example. Those weapon magazines are marked with a 6-8 cm wide yellow stripe.

View attachment 318498

- deactivated, its barrel was pressed at two or three-point, their firing pin was cut down. It was used mainly in exhibits, or soldiers could practice the weapon function and disassembly/assembly. The weapons had a 10 mm tall 'GYAK' mark.
View attachment 318494 View attachment 318497

- functional, blank-cartridge only. this type was used by any type of training. those weapons are marked with a 6-8 cm wide yellow stripe.

View attachment 318496

In some cases, those training weapons were reactivated. In case an 'ÉLES' (Live) mark was stamped to the left side of the receiver.

View attachment 318495

Training weapons — except the type which capable of firing blank cartridges — were made from the factory defective or scrap parts.
Interesting.... I have a beautiful amd65 kit all matching with a original barrel that has a DY prefix before the serial? I don't see that on your list .... any info on it?

· Registered
355 Posts
@lbecz I got one of the recent Atlantic AK63F kits BM8223. I noted earlier in the thread that single character prefixes on the AK63f started in 1986. I believe this came out of Lebanon and has Arabic markings on the stock. Could you tell me when it was made and possibly where it was exported to?

If/when you do publish either paper or digital, I'm in for a book.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts