AK Rifles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone...... I'm fairly new here, and I'd like to try my first Russian build from a kit. I've done a 7.62x39 Saiga conversion, so I've got some of the basic skills needed, but I know I'll need some help.

First of all, if I don't build another AK from a Saiga in a conversion, what do you think I should start with? recommendations? I would really like to build a real classic 103 clone, red russian wood, etc.

I would really appreciate some advice from those of you who have so much experience as to what might be good for someone with my experience, and what I could build that I would get the most out of my efforts.

Thanks for all opinions and advice.

David

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Hey, David. So what type of Russian clone are you looking to build? You said a "103 clone" with Soviet red laminate furniture..but 103s are modern 100s series AKs with black polymer furniture. Are you saying you want to build a 7.62x39 AKM? Maybe and underfolding AKMS? An AK-74/AKS-74 sidefolder in 5.45x39?

Let us know what you are looking to do...perhaps you are not too particular and just want to clone a Soviet rifle. We can walk you through it...I'm just finishing a year of searching for parts for a 1982 AKS-74 build, so I certainly can help you with one of those. Other may need to help you if you're looking for an AKM/AKMS. Anyway, post exactly what you're looking to get done. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
8,010 Posts
Welcome aboard, by the way. If you've got a photo of what you're looking to make a clone of, post it or let one of us post it for you. We could probably tell you how to get it close.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.... I guess I do need to make some decisions first, and then ask for some more advice. I'll just look around here awhile and see what I like the best. I know I love my Saiga, and I really like the Russians I've seen, so it'll probably be a russian of some kind.

thanks again. :mrgreen:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts