AK Rifles banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
6,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my SLG-31 from my FFL (thanks Pawnman75) and headed into Pike National Forest with my wife to run 100rnds through it as a function test. I didn't have a chance to shoot on paper but from what I can gather by just plinking at random trash people left it shoots great. I'm more happy with this rifle than I was with the SLR-105A1R I had. The fit/finish is better and it has no sight cant. No stoppages at all (as expected) and a pleasure to shoot. Not to mention it's nice to be able to go shooting when the targets don't shoot back! My wife enjoyed shooting it as well. Less recoil than her LE6520 as well. Gotta love that muzzle brake.

CMS

· Registered
1,687 Posts
Welcome Home!
Glad you like the '74. Now you need a Krink in this caliber :twisted:

If you planning to attend Reading PA WWII Air show this weekend, stop by the Russian reenactors' camp. There will be our 80-ies vintage afghan vets and others who would love to hear all you care to share with us about your experiences there.

Ask for Jerry, I'll be there all Saturday.

· Premium Member
6,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wish I could make it but I'm still in Colorado right now. As for the krink...some day. I'm holding off on NFA items until I get out of the Army. Too much moving around and too many unknowns to risk getting something, paying the tax, and then having to sell it asap because I get stationed in an unfriendly state!

CMS

· Super Moderator
26,840 Posts
Welcome home! You just gotta love the 74, and looks lke you have a winner there. :allright:
Get as much as ammo as you can, 5.45 will not last forever.

· Registered
2,091 Posts
serzant said:
If you planning to attend Reading PA WWII Air show this weekend, stop by the Russian reenactors' camp. There will be our 80-ies vintage afghan vets and others who would love to hear all you care to share with us about your experiences there.

Ask for Jerry, I'll be there all Saturday.
Hah, dude in the summer I would be up killing groundhogs in Leesport, PA, and there's all of these WW2 bombers and figter planes flying around. I figgured it was just a traveling air show, never knew it was like the airshow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.