AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exactly is the official position of "AK Forum" on Tapco polymer furniture? :lol:

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
I'm a firm believer that AKs should never have anything that deviates from factory original parts.........

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Krinkfreak said:
I'm a firm believer that AKs should never have anything that deviates from factory original parts.........
But,legit field expediant variations are okay? Cause I gonna put one together to match my avatar.

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
My position is.....You don't put an AR buttstock on an AK.......

Where's the pic:

"Keep that crap off of my AK!"

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Krinkfreak said:
Took the words right out of my mouth, but thats only my personal belief! :goof:

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
The last pic is how I totally feel!

·
Premium Member
13,071 Posts
Well, here we are 8 years later and some of us old hold-outs still agree with your philosophy, but there has certainly been alot of changes take place in this hobby. I should have joined up
with you in the early days but I just sat on my hands and watched from a distance. So much debate taking place these days as to owners, factory builds vs. home builds and the unknown
future government restrictions.
Thanks to you and your hard work, we still have a wealth of information and assistance available with just the click of a mouse and I personally hope for another successful 8 years and
beyond. Thanks and a "toast" to you both.

TroyandBarry.jpg ......:beer:

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Most people I've seen that use tapco are not collectors and don't care, it's cheap and has the look feel etc they want.
If you want that kind of stuff you get what you pay for. Hey in Russia and Poland they make AR type of stuff for the AK like railed handguards etc so pay the extra money for top quality and cry once.
I prefer the OG look but my daughters AK's have FAB Defence aka mako stockset on theirs makes it more comfortable for them to shoot.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Arise,
Ancient thread, reeking of death,
Arise,
Collect your bones, ashes, and dust,
Arise,
The Unholy Thread Necromancer demands you to terrorize once again!

Reactions: TRAAK's

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
I prefer to keep things as original as possible on legacy platforms (AK47, AKM, etc). For modern platforms set up as defensive carbines, it makes more sense to improve the ergonomics and usability where necessary.

·
Premium Member
13,071 Posts
Arise,
Ancient thread, reeking of death,
Arise,
Collect your bones, ashes, and dust,
Arise,
The Unholy Thread Necromancer demands you to terrorize once again!
HaHaHa...I was searching the earliest threads and found this one. The good ole days indeed! I did notice the earliest threads are disappearing and grabbed this one in order to pay
a small tribute to the founders of AKF. I should have signed up back then but my dial-up was so frickin slow it took forever to do almost anything so I just sat and watched
the guys have a good time. My home is wireless and fast now and has been for several years. I do hope Krinkfreak and Rotdorn find the time to drop in and contribute once
in a while since they were the godfathers of the AKF....All the best....TRAAK's

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
LoL, I totally missed the date on the op post

·
Registered
2,390 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
In general I find myself being a purist, wanting everything as original as possible. There is a place to modernize the AK for a more ergonomic and lighter weight carbine though. There are quality parts available to do it, and Tapco isn't on the list.

Nathan

1 - 20 of 22 Posts