Finally finished my first ever build.. and not without some screwups.. which I'll take as learning experiences. I started with an 80% Hendersen Defense blank with the rails already welded on. Even with the template already stuck to the blank, my cutting and grinding the trigger hole, top rails, and front mag hole leaves something to be desired. I also come to find out the rails were just a little too far back and when I drilled the center support holes the RH side was half-on/half-off the rail, so the first rivet/support I did actually crushed the reciever too much. I eventually used a rear rivet and another support and was careful on crushing the rivet - and grinding the head down so the safety lever would clear it (see the pics). Also I got a Toth Tool TG riveting jig, but the crush plate wouldn't fit under the rails, so I ended up smashing the tails manually, didn't look professional, but who the hells going to look inside the receiver to check the tails on my TG rivets??
I've got another blank with the rails and center support rivet uninstalled. I'm thinking for my next build I'll drill all holes with a drilling jig, heat treat the receiver and rails seperately (rails not welded yet), riveting the TG before spot welding the rails on. This way I can actually put the TG riveting jig to use and have nice looking rivet tails if anyone wishes to check.
All in all, even with the screwy looking center support rivet, it operates as advertised. Populating the barrel went a lot more smoothly then I expected, drilling the barrel pin hole and the rear sight, gas port and front sight holes. The hardest part was lining up the barrel with front tunnion, then just a matter of aligning the remaining barrel parts.
Right now I'm looking for another parts kit with folding type stock just for a change in style.